Scammer claiming to be KO4NMY

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
N7KR

Scammer claiming to be KO4NMY

Post by N7KR »

Today I received a reply to my ad looking for a Palstar LA-1K from someone claiming to be Richard A. Bradley KO4NMY.
Fortunately I was able to contact the real KO4NMY because he happened to be running an ad here on QTH. ( he did not have his email address on QRZ).

**** Everyone needs to have their email address on their QRZ profile to discourage this from happening. ****

rgds & 73, N7KR

Reference Fraudulent email to me:
Richard.A Bradley <richardbradleya@outlook.com> wrote:

is an amazing piece of engineering!
Delivers as promised.
The amp easily derived 1100 watts from 75 watts drive on 20M.
Never been abused.
PALSTAR is an incredible linear in the LA1K.
Callsign: KO4NMY

For sale
Palstar LA-1K 1000 Watt Amplifier fresh. Full automatic set up, functions great.
Asking $2500 willing to ship insured.