SCAMMER KE8ODY

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
Reddy

SCAMMER KE8ODY

Post by Reddy »

Bought radio I sent money and never received radio and never answered my emails,phone call. BEWARE

Name: Christopher Gene
Callsign: KE8ODY
W4AJF

Re: SCAMMER KE8ODY

Post by W4AJF »

Hi, question, what e-mail address did you use for him?

Adam Farber W4AJF
Cooper City, FL
Reddy

Post by Reddy »

He was using email:chrisf304@gmail.com
W4AJF

Post by W4AJF »

Hi, a simple check and one of the first rules to rule out a scammer is to look up the persons e-mail address on QRZ. If you had you would have seen it's not KE8ODY's correct e-mail address so I believe you sent money to a scammer. You need to be careful blaming someone until you are sure about who you are dealing with. You should go to QRZ and e-mail the real Chris Fountaine KE8ODY and see what he says. Just my 2 cents worth. Adam