Seeing A Lot of Selling for Someone Else Ads Lately

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
KI5HNX

Seeing A Lot of Selling for Someone Else Ads Lately

Post by KI5HNX »

Is it just me, or are we seeing more of these ads where the OP is not the person with the item for sale? I've seen two this week where the OP is selling for someone else and then asks the potential buyer to email the person with the item for more information.

Why doesn't the person with the item for sale just post it himself?

Or, if unable to do so perhaps due to lack of internet, etc..., then the OP could just post it for sale and sell it for his friend instead of coming up with a listing that is for a radio that's not his and please contact the owner at this email address, don't contact me through QTH, or not at my address, etc....

It all starts to look like a fishy listing and affects the credibility of the OP in my opinion.

Anyone have any thing to add or clarify this for me?

Thanks!
K9XR

Re: Seeing A Lot of Selling for Someone Else Ads Lately

Post by K9XR »

There is a big difference between posting an ad for a friend who might not be able to access QTH.COM and having to negotiate price and other details of the deal. sorry, I just don't see the problem, unless their friend demands payment by Target Gift Cards to an email in Nigeria.