Rotortime Ken KT4KI

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
n9um

Rotortime Ken KT4KI

Post by n9um »

BUYER BEWARE

Two rotors sent to Ken June 8, 2023. Price agreed upon June 16, 2023 for total rebuild of both rotors- Ken hounded me via text for 5 hours to get paid in full up front. Payment made same day June 16, 2023 in the amount of $275 x 2 plus shipping for $610. Rotors arrived back to me unpainted and covered in oil substance/grease Oct 11, 2023.

Here is the exchange. Be aware of how this situation played out if you intend to use this person. No communication unless I reached out. If the rotors were rebuilt 8/2/2023 and ready to be painted, why is there all of this new detail about condition of the rotors on 10/11/2023? Then when asked about it, it is my problem and he is done. Double shipping according to him. I have my 6/8/2023 shipping receipt from UPS. $21.08 from me to Ken. Double is $42 which is 550 plus 42 - he received $610.

Some of this could have been avoided with communication to me about the situation. The not painting the rotors is just the straw that broke the camel's back in this deal after months of reason after reason(see below) for not getting them completed. Furthermore, Ken is playing the victim of more repairs needed and double shipping indicating I should be thankful he did it for the agreed amount. If this was truly the case, why am I finding this out in Oct when he had it rebuilt 8/2/2023?

The whole situation is disappointing. I guess I get $10 worth of 8 pin rotor cables as a door prize that were never mine and never sent to him.

On Fri, Jun 16, 2023 at 6:54 PM Ken Brownson wrote:
PAYMENT RECEIVED YOU ARE PAIDZELLE THKS KRN B
On Wednesday, August 2, 2023, 9:34 AM, M Thomas > wrote:
Any updates on my rotors?
Thanks
Mark
On Wed, Aug 2, 2023 at 9:37 AM Ken Brownson < wrote:
Yes rotor is built I just need to paint to complete then shipping . I’m working today to finish up several and yours is one of the shipping days are Friday’s and Monday yours should go out if no holdups I will send tracking asap thks ken b Kt4ki 73!
On Fri, Aug 25, 2023 at 1:25 PM Ken Brownson < wrote:
Have not shipped I had my truck break down on me so I had to stop to repair my truck in the shop had a slight hold up I will let you know when I ship should not be much longer thks ken
On Fri, Sep 15, 2023 at 4:40 PM Ken Brownson wrote:
Yes shipping this coming week I had to go out of town for a emergency and I had some setbacks I’m finishing I will send you a tracking number the first of next week. Thanks for your patience.
On Sun, Oct 1, 2023 at 12:27 PM Ken Brownson wrote:
Yes I should be shipping this week I’ve been moving and relocating my shop unexpected setbacks accourrd beyond my control
Ken b
On Wednesday, October 11, 2023, 8:06 PM, M Thomas wrote:
Ken, I received the box today with two rotors. To say I am disappointed is an understatement. I waited 4 months for the rotors. You indicated in your prior emails you were painting and they would be shipped two months ago. The rotors arrived today unpainted, with a layer of oil/grease on the housings and with several 8 pin cables which do not belong to me. How were you painting them in August when they arrived here unpainted today? I have extensive photos of the product which was returned to me. Please let me know how you intend to correct this situation.
Ken Brownson 8:10 PM (17 minutes ago)
Hi Mark, the cables were included in that box when I received them. I just sent them back to you. Don’t know why I had received the cables. I’m relocating my shop I’m in the process of moving. It was no time to paint the rotors so the rotors weren’t painted as I return them the rotors were extensively tore up several several problems wrong with them as far as I’m concerned, I under charge you to do the repairs since you had waited a bit. I went ahead and fix them with no extra cost the rotors was repaired they’re in perfect working order now I don’t have no intentions of painting. The rotors is closed deal. Also because your location, the shipping was twice as high Glad you received your rotors if you received a cable by mistake just keep the cable.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RFPOWER

Re: Rotortime Ken KT4KI

Post by RFPOWER »

This customer comes to me with the service to rebuild two Ham 4 Rotor Only They just need a general rebuild was very demanding on repairing and getting back in a timely minor. I stated to him that I was in the process of moving upfront and told him it was gonna be a bit the two rotors that he sent me I priced the job before I even looked at them, the two rotors I Received looked not bad on the outside, but on the inside, the one look like it had been underwater and even had mud inside it had bolts oxidized that were broke off in the housing. under priced. I fixed repaired and rebuilt these two rotors due to the fact that I wanted to save them and put them in service, rather than scrap them, I could very easily return them to the customer and refunded his money, but I chose to complete the job during a time I was having to move my home and my shop and relocate my business due to a court order from a divorce from the previous 12 years ago I had only five days to move and get my stuff removed from my home to be out. It was almost like being evicted. Needless to say I completed the service to the rotors. Told the customer I did not have time to paint them, and I uploaded the tracking numbers and estimated time of delivery he was fine with that at the time n9um is butt hurt It’s too bad he not be so sensitive and besides, I do not need a customer like him that’s gonna leave me negative feedback and not support me. I do the service to Rebuilding rotors because I enjoy the hobby and I enjoy building rotors when I do .I do not get rich and I put up with a lot of crap sometimes. Beware of N9UM