Scammer impersonating Alan W4AMV

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
ac0xr

Scammer impersonating Alan W4AMV

Post by ac0xr »

Beware, a scammer is impersonating Alan W4AMV. He's using a fake email (VICTORALANAS@outlook.com) which is not the email on Alan's QRZ page. Received this in reply to a listing:
How much are you asking? Thanks for your response, I live in RALEIGH,NC, however I would love to pay by Cashier check. It will be mailing payment to you when I receive your name and address. You should get it within 3 working days, then I'll schedule UPS to handle the Pick-up. Please let me know when you receive payment so that I can arrange for UPS to come for pick-up. I await to hear from you.
I thought it was odd, so I asked him to give me a phone call. He replied asking me to call his WhatsApp number :roll:
K9KJ

Re: Scammer impersonating Alan W4AMV

Post by K9KJ »

Same exact thing here.
I tried to bait him to see if I can get some more information, but he magically disappeared.