Another scammer

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
ke4d

Another scammer

Post by ke4d »

Posted an ad for my Satpack1 yesterday. Got a response from a ham supposedly in Melbourne Fl about 90 miles from me. Instead of PP which I always use, he wanted to send a cashiers check and would pick up the antenna after the check cleared. I agreed as he was basically local. Then he wanted a mover to pick up the package. I told him I would let him know the UPS cost because he agreed to pay for shipping. Didnt want UPS, USPS or FedX. He insisted that his mover from California would pick it up. He would send me the cashiers check Including the cost of shipping and I was supposed to send the shipping cost to the mover Immediately upon hearing that I knew it was a scammer. The call he was using was K4DVW and the email was K4DVW61@noreply.qth. The name was David. Looked up that call and the guys name is ed and he has a legit email on QRZ. Emailed him to let him know what was going on. This is why I almost never do business with folks who won’t do PayPal as it protects both parties. So now I expect to see my call usedised by this scammer. Be careful folks.
n3ab

Re: Another scammer

Post by n3ab »

That guy sent three messages today via QTH.com about three different items I had for sale. I did not respond, and reported it to KA9FOX. His IP address shows Mexico as his location.

John N3AB