W6XI Scamed me out of 260.00

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
KJ7GHK

W6XI Scamed me out of 260.00

Post by KJ7GHK »

John Wothe , W6XI listed a working ,but not calibrated Heathkit TT1 tube tester in add number 1640889. In that add he stated he had tested a handful of tubes and the tester worked ok, but he could not guarantee its accuracy, it needs calibration. What he sold me turned out to have many burned in half resistors and a power transformer with shorted and open windings. He could not have possibly tested tubes on a tester that was D.O.A.. When I contacted him he had all sorts of excuses and made it clear he was quite pleased with himself. Since it was so important to him to get money for selling junk, I told him to quit the excuses and just keep the money . He also told me he is getting out of ham radio and will be selling off all his gear. If you see one of his adds I am sure he would prefer you to just send him money and then he can skip the song and dance and just take your money.
Beware!
KJ7GHK