This is the kind of low "quality" people in Ham Radio these days...

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
K8BYP

This is the kind of low "quality" people in Ham Radio these days...

Post by K8BYP »

FCC opened the flood gates and the Barbarians crept in...No Code reject CBers

User blacklisted permanently.

------------------------------------------

The response is from:

Name: SHEP
Callsign: AA7MH
E-mail: internalbiz@hotmail.com
IP Address: 76.101.183.249 -- ( Check IP at https://whatismyipaddress.com/ip/76.101.183.249 )

The response is:

you obviously have some mental issues !!!

--------------------------------------------------------
For your reference, here is a copy of the ad you are responding to:

Listing Number:
Date Ad was Placed: 03/22/23
Name: david campbell
Phone Number:
Callsign:
Category: RADIOHF
Heading: Drake R4B Receiver
Ad Message:
Unrestored, a couple filter caps replaced. Turns on, no 'air noise' but a light 60 cycle hum. No smoke, no obvious burned parts.Power supply voltages seem OK, S meter works. Cabinet halves repainted. Very nice front panel. See video of it on my Youtube Channel under my call sign. K8BYP$100 plus Postage (or pick up or your shipping label).
Also have a totally restored R4A $500.

Ham Radio is an expensive hobby.IF YOU CANNOT AFFORD POSTAGE, HAM RADIOS NOT FOR YOU. TRY CB..Anyone trying to con me into paying postage will be blacklisted permanently.
K9XR

Re: This is the kind of low "quality" people in Ham Radio these days...

Post by K9XR »

Yep, You are absolutely Correct! A few guys like you did creep in. A No-Code Wonder with a license for 7 1/2 years and he wants you to think he is an old-timer because he has a dead persons call. I can't see what he said is so bad. I am not a mental health professional, but, just sayin'. Hey, how is that MINI-TR-4 doing? I will bet you had a bidding war on that one. I just looked and I see you still have your old JUNK National NCX-3 (I mean "Baby Drake") for sale. You must think people are really stupid.