Scammer Report

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
N7MSR

Scammer Report

Post by N7MSR »

Over the past month, I placed two WTB listings on QTH; one seeking a Hammarlund HC-10, and another seeking a Johnson Thunderbolt amplifier.

In the HC-10 case, a chap by the name of Robert Schriber replied with a stock phot of a HC-10. When I asked for additional photographs, he explained that he was paralyzed on his left side and was unable to take additional images. I inquired about his call sign, and current QTH, but h was unable to provide either. It sounded really suspicious. He refused to give me his phone number or to call me, noting that his paralysis made it impossible for him to talk.

In the case of the Johnson Thunderbolt amplifier, I receiver an email from a chap named William Parris, with THE EXACT SAME STORY - paralysis, no numbers, no call sign no qth info...

BEWARE THERE ARE DEFINITELY SCAMMERS looking to steal from us!

Mark,
N7MSR