****LOWBALLERS****

This is the place to discuss the QTH.com Classifieds (http://swap.qth.com). Please be constructive.
N5WHT

****LOWBALLERS****

Post by N5WHT »

Don't you hate those "LOWBALLERS". I had one guy who LOWBALLED me 2 times on an item. I don't normally do it, but this guy seemed to have a real good "SOB"story.
So, against my better judgement, I lowered my price on the item. Then this "A" hole didn't like my payment method,and he stopped all communications with me, not even a Thank you for your time....GEEEEZ. Some people just don't have anything better to do than to jack with people.
ac9xh

Re: ****LOWBALLERS****

Post by ac9xh »

unfortunately alot of younger and middle aged hams are "woke".

they think they are entitled. almost gone is the HONOR that graces our great hobby. You have forum trolls who love to stir up arguments via text. like they thin its important what they type over others. same for buying stuff. Oh well. remember them,put them on your do not sell to list,do not associate with. life is too short to deal with these individuals. wipe them fro your memory, chalk this up ffor experience and next time ,firm price take it or leave it.

sorry for your experience.

David
ac9xh
w2wtf

Post by w2wtf »

Some hams take being cheap to a whole new level.

On the flip side that 10 year old rig is NOT worth what you paid for it today.

There are some issues on both sides of that equation,.
k9ike

Post by k9ike »

Is there a difference between "lowballing" and negotiating? I never take offense to someone making an
offer on anything I have to sell. All I can do is say yes or no. Whats the harm? Now that doesn't mean
offering $10 on an item that's obviously worth a lot more. Sometimes we are too sensitive.
ufcw1473
W0AAT

Post by W0AAT »

Guy on eBay has make offer on some FSJ4-50b heliax. I have been paying $1 foot + reasonable shipping so that was my offer... his ad was for $1.50

He came back all insulting and telling me it is worth twice what he is asking... and did a counteroffer for $2

I told him no, told him I just bought 100' for $100 and NOBODY will pay his price.

Then blocked him.

It goes 2 ways... know what your item is worth, eBay sold (not asking, SOLD) prices -20% is my rule of thumb to list here. Puts it in the ballpark of what it is really worth.

And that 20 year old radio with problems? No it is not worth 90% of new price!