Francis Battisick KA2UFP

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
N2DJS

Francis Battisick KA2UFP

Post by N2DJS »

This guy has an FTM-7250 for sale that has been up for awhile. I sent 2 emails through the system to see if it was still available. I never received a response. His call is not on QTH or QRZ for some reason. He finally responded to me and said I was harassing him? I just wanted to know if the radio was sold or asked him to take down his ad. This seems shady especially with the lack of call sign. Buyer Beware of KA2UFP.
N2DJS

Re: Francis Battisick KA2UFP

Post by N2DJS »

Update:
For some reason instead of taking down his post today, he has updated it for the FTM-7250. Very suspicious.
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Re: Francis Battisick KA2UFP

Post by KA9FOX »

The callsign KA2UFP is valid, according to the FCC. You can look it up at:

https://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSea ... mateur.jsp

Call Sign/Lease ID Name FRN Radio Service Status Expiration Date
KA2UFP BATTISICK, FRANCIS J 0011418738 HA Active 03/04/2027

Some users, for whatever reason, ask QRZ to remove them from their database, so the callsign lookup feature on QTH does not work (since we rely on data from QRZ). But you can always use the FCC's official database, at the link above, to verify the status of an amateur radio callsign.

73 - Scott KA9FOX
Free Ham Radio Classified Ads: https://swap.QTH.com