part swappers

This is the place to discuss the QTH.com Classifieds (http://swap.qth.com). Please be constructive.
ng9r

part swappers

Post by ng9r » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:13 pm

What is the deal with so many people that won't stand behind their equipment due to "parts swappers"?

Yes, I understand their are a few unscrupulous people that will take advantage of others if they get the chance, but the people that offer something to sell and refuse to stand behind it because of a couple of bad eggs are calling everyone a cheat. Suppose everyone buying equipment regarded the sellers in the same manner? Nothing would ever be sold.

I refuse to deal with anyone that that has so little trust in me that they would say such a thing.

That said, there are a lot of great sellers on here to deal with, in many years of buying and selling on QTH, I have never been ripped off.

NG9R

jmh

Re: part swappers

Post by jmh » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:24 am

Occurs more often than most realize, especially if using PayPal. Happened to me. Sold a perfect functioning TS-450SAT to ham in Arkansas a while back. He received then one day later claimed to rig would not receive, and filed a complaint with PayScam. PayScam refunded his money, even though I provided 100% proof that the rig was operating great. Once I received the rig back, I removed the cover for inspection. The idiot had swapped out 2 PCB’s and forgot to reconnect the interconnecting cables. PayScam didn’t give a crap that I was the one scammed.

W3ESE

Re: part swappers

Post by W3ESE » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:15 pm

Pretty sad!
Maybe QTH needs to start a new forum, maybe titled "Parts Swappers Listing", so anyone burned by a parts swapper can (and should) list the crooks call sign, and the particulars. Is that too extreme? :mrgreen: