BEWARE OF THIS SCAM

Discussion of ways to help ensure a safe trade, so you don't get ripped-off. Do not discuss individuals here. Use the Feedback Forum instead.
K1RON

BEWARE OF THIS SCAM

Post by K1RON »

I have just posted (TODAY) a classified for a piece of equipment on QTH and E-ham. I received a response from a person claiming to be out of the country and wanting to buy my listing. They are owed money from someone in USA and they will send me $1500. I should send the difference to e-mailer by western union they said. My item is only $250 so I would be sending $1250 on to this person. I recently seen this scam revealed on CNN or on a local TV show. The bottom line is the certified check you receive is bogus and you find out AFTER sending difference. So BEWARE...Info on person is: Cyprianent @ fastmail.com Name is said to be: Gloria Bush Orig. address IP is 192.116.116.28 Orig. Server is : WS4.HK5.outblaze.com

Hope this helps someone...Ron K1RON e-mail Rparsell@aol.com
chatterbawx

Post by chatterbawx »

Yeah. I actually got this scam pulled on me, but it didn't turn out so pretty.

I was selling a computer, and a guy emailed me stating the same, saying he had a friend in the US that owed him money, and he was going to have his friend send me a check, i take out my share, and send him the difference.

Well, I tried to cash the check, and I got ARRESTED. 2ND Degree Forgery and Attempted theft. It was redeuced to a misdemeanor. And 16 months probation!
for something that wasnt even my fault! the cop who arrested me looked at me like i had a third head, after I told him the story, he was a real @sshole and said I knew it was a counterfiet check all along.

Be Careful, NEVER accept any money, checks from NIGERIA. 99% of these scams originate from that 3rd world garbage can.
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Post by KA9FOX »

FYI, this scam is detailed in my posting at:

http://chat.qth.com/viewtopic.php?t=211
Free Ham Radio Classified Ads: https://swap.QTH.com