Collins 30L-1

Let others help you to determine what a piece of equipment is worth, before you put it up for sale.
WD8LKD

Collins 30L-1

Post by WD8LKD »

I have a Collins 30L-1. It has a minor dent on the upper right rear corner of the cabinet, but the lid still closes fine. Hasn't been used since 2002, but worked then. I've seen a wide variety of prices, with working and non working units. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what I should ask??

David - WD8LKD
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
k4kk

Re: Collins 30L-1

Post by k4kk »

There are a lot of those in use today. There are others that are purely collector's items. The collector's versions are highly priced. Yours is not a collector item as it sits. It will need to be tested (dry capacitors, etc) and the case repaired. I would GUESS $1K or slightly less.
RalphC

Re: Collins 30L-1

Post by RalphC »

With a damaged case, not tested, power supply not upgraded, $500.00 will knock it dead! Check with any Collins collector. Now that being said someone that might not care about some minor damage you might get more. You can buy CC excellent 30-L1 amps for $1000.00 to $1200.00