K4TIT callsign hijacked by "Nate", KD8DDW- Update

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
TJ

K4TIT callsign hijacked by "Nate", KD8DDW- Update

Post by TJ »

(updated subject line to make it more clear)

Currently, there are "K4TIT" posting ads on QTH:
http://swap.qth.com/contact.php?counter=632049
http://swap.qth.com/contact.php?counter=632212

However, I have found 2 pieces of evidence which point to him not being "David Elger" that is K4TIT, but rather "Nate" that is KD8DDW:

You will note that there is a current listing which uses the email "goold231@yahoo.com" in the last link.

This email address is frequently used by KD8DDW as a contact for himself. These are just two examples:

http://www.qrz.com/ib-bin/ikonboard.cgi ... 4;t=174104
http://www.qrz.com/ib-bin/ikonboard.cgi ... 1;t=174430

search through QRZ for that email and you'll find many more.

Secondly, you'll notice that under the "Name" section in both of the above listings is listed "Nate". This is curiously not part of David Elger's name, but matches KD8DDW's name, Nathan.

Several past listings under "K4TIT" include #631018 which was made on 11/19/07. Also #631877 was recently posted today, however it was just deleted. Listing #632212 is simply a repost of this one.

EDIT: look at post below. I have received confirmation from K4TIT that it isn't him.

EDIT: attached below are copies of the above two listings:

http://swap.qth.com/contact.php?counter=632212
Ad Number: 632212
Date Placed: 11/25/07
Name: Nate
Phone Number: none
Callsign: K4TIT
Category: RADIOHF
Heading: Repost: Kenwood TS-850s Cheap
Ad Message: This rig is in excellent shape. It has no problems and puts out full 100 watts. I got that off my bird watt meter. This rig looks good. I would rate it a 8.5. I need to get rid of to pay some medical bills. Shoot me a email and i can see what i can do for you! The rig comes with power cable and manual on cd. I need the mic. I am asking $650 shipped! I can take pay pal! 73 Email goold231 at yahoo.com
http://swap.qth.com/contact.php?counter=632049
Ad Number: 632049
Date Placed: 11/25/07
Name: Nate
Phone Number: none
Callsign: K4TIT
Category: RADIOHF
Heading: Trade: Icom IC-781
Ad Message: This rig is in excellent shape. It has the fl-103 ssb filter in it! This rig works excellent. I would rate it a 9.5 out of ten. I also have original manual,original boxes, sm-8 mic. This is an outstanding radio. I would like to try something diffrent! You can email me for pictures and more info. I am looking for a ic-756pro3, or???
Last edited by TJ on Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TJ

Post by TJ »

i got an email earlier from the REAL K4TIT, David. He confirmed he has not been posting to ads on QTH, and that he doesn't even own a Kenwood to boot! This "Nate" character is still using the hijacked callsign to post Ads on QTH. K4TIT has also emailed KA9FOX and let him know personally.
VE2AMN

Post by VE2AMN »

There is an ad posted today number 632602, by the same guy.
Is it the real or not K4TIT?????

If it`s the scammer, why isn`t he blocked from posting ads?
Gilles, in the great white north..
NR9R

Forward this info to Scott, FOX

Post by NR9R »

Please forward this info to Scott, KA9FOX. This kid was previously banned from QTH.COM so he must be using a different IP address also.

Anthony
AA9OC
K4JC

Post by K4JC »

Perhaps Riley should be made aware of this as well.
TJ

Post by TJ »

AA9OC - I was in contact with Scott a few days ago and he is certainly aware of it.

I do not want the real K4TIT, David Elger to have a hard beating on his reputation because of KD8DDW's fraud.
NR9R

Post by NR9R »

I do not want the real K4TIT, David Elger to have a hard beating on his reputation because of KD8DDW's fraud.
Yes, this is the sad consequence of what Nathan is doing. Here a posting on QRZ.COM which reveals an even more disturbing layer to this situation:
I need help with k4tit. I bought a ft-847 and have never received it after 3 weeks. If any of you have delt with him or live by him, it would be great it you can help me out. His current phone! Any help would be great! email me at goold231@yahoo.com I do not know if this guy is good or bad. Have any of you made deals with him?
I would encourage Mr. Elger to file an identity theft charge. I don't believe Nathan understands the seriousness of what he is doing.

Anthony
kd8ddw

Post by kd8ddw »

This is the case. I posted those adds to get k4tit attention. I never sold any of those radios nor received any money. A few moth back David Elger took my money for a ft-847. Two or more moths after i never got and now have a claim with pay pal. If any of you reached him please ask him to refund my money or give me the radio. I was just doing this to get his attention. I hope he adds replies in this board so may be we can chat! :D If any of you need to email me you can do it at goold231@yahoo.com I am really a good guy. I would like to clear these things up!
TJ

Post by TJ »

You have very personally and publicly alienated David, K4TIT. Good guys do not use childish tactics to gain attention.

Personally attacking someone you want to negotiate with shows you have very little regard for human dignity.

Your actions show you have not been taught how to properly deal with people.

Your actions on QTH clearly show me, David and hundreds of other radio operators that you have had little or no maturity when dealing with others.

Learning how to deal properly with human people is a first step, which means using proper channels to solve disputes. Contacting Paypal was correct. Posting feedback was correct. Imitating him in selling classifieds is NOT correct, it is Very immature.

You simply say you are a Good guy. Good guys do not do what you did here, Nate. Good guys do not use childish tactics to gain attention. Your actions speak louder than your words.

Many amateur radio operators have experienced bad deals with you. Your reputation shows you have had little regard for people you sell to. When you come asking for help about someone who may have taken from you, you have VERY little reputation to stake your claim on.
WN9VMR

Post by WN9VMR »

I totally agree with Tj....I and several others have been scammed by a ham in NC(KI4WRS)yet all we have done is contact the proper authorities,ie...the Police and the FBI.Posing as someone else will do nothing but make others more irritated at you and definately will not offer you any help in the future.Mt suggestion Nathan is to contact the authorities in the town the alleged scammer for no other words lives in...Also file a complaint with IC3.GOV...What you have done could cause you more trouble then the money is worth.If none of these suggestions work lick your wounds and come back to fight another day.73 all and happy holidays
member or the ham community for 30 plus years....
cw is not dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kd8ddw

Post by kd8ddw »

If there is any way i can make it right please let me know. I have lots of satisfied costumers also. If I have ever done anything wrong to you. Email me and i can pay the repair bill or something? I would like to make all this right and not have for it to end up this way. I will be never posting on qth again. Thank you guys for trying to help a ham friend out. I got my self in a hole and kept digging it. Now i need to dig my self out! I love ham radio and got off to a bad start. I would like to make a good start. Will catch you on the bands.

73 Kd8DDW
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Post by KA9FOX »

KD8DDW is permanently blocked from using the QTH.com classifieds, due to the bogus ads. I will not tolerate this kind of activity.

- Scott KA9FOX
VA3EE/ VE3GNX

Post by VA3EE/ VE3GNX »

Thankyou Scott and happy holidays to all.
Don VE3GNX
kf9z

Post by kf9z »

kd8ddw wrote:This is the case. I posted those adds to get k4tit attention. I never sold any of those radios nor received any money. A few moth back David Elger took my money for a ft-847. Two or more moths after i never got and now have a claim with pay pal. If any of you reached him please ask him to refund my money or give me the radio. I was just doing this to get his attention. I hope he adds replies in this board so may be we can chat! :D If any of you need to email me you can do it at goold231@yahoo.com I am really a good guy. I would like to clear these things up!
PayPal only allows for a claim to be filed for 30-days. Nice try, though. You are a real piece of work. You stole another hams identity and that is a crime. Wow.

As I tell my son the actions of others don't allow for a free pass to do what ever you want in order to get restitution. There is the right way and then your way. Your way was not only wrong but possibly illegal. Nice start in the hobby OM.

D
kd8ddw

Post by kd8ddw »

I have defiantly realized what I did was wrong. I would like to apologize to the ham community for what i did. I am very sorry. I have expressed this to k4tit. Also on the paypal i did do it before 30 days so i did get my money back. Again I am very sorry and would like to express that to every one!
N2DIG

Post by N2DIG »

kf9z wrote:
kd8ddw wrote:This is the case. I posted those adds to get k4tit attention. I never sold any of those radios nor received any money. A few moth back David Elger took my money for a ft-847. Two or more moths after i never got and now have a claim with pay pal. If any of you reached him please ask him to refund my money or give me the radio. I was just doing this to get his attention. I hope he adds replies in this board so may be we can chat! :D If any of you need to email me you can do it at goold231@yahoo.com I am really a good guy. I would like to clear these things up!
PayPal only allows for a claim to be filed for 30-days. Nice try, though. You are a real piece of work. You stole another hams identity and that is a crime. Wow.
Looks like he was able to get a refund after all.
That is because 1 Moth = 10 Days :lol:
So, even after he got his refund he still decided to pull the Tonya Harding.
What a Dirt Bag! :evil:
TJ

Post by TJ »

N2DIG wrote: Looks like he was able to get a refund after all.
That is because 1 Moth = 10 Days :lol:
So, even after he got his refund he still decided to pull the Tonya Harding.
What a Dirt Bag! :evil:

And he really ground it in too. He had classifieds running for a period of two weeks as far back as the 19th as I can tell. There may be earlier ones.