K---X (Now KJ4RTG) in TN **BEWARE ! RECIEVED CAT LITTER

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
W3JJI

K---X (Now KJ4RTG) in TN **BEWARE ! RECIEVED CAT LITTER

Post by W3JJI »

I SENT USPS MONEY ORDER ($940.00)TO K---X (Now KJ4RTG) TERRY COKER FOR LISTING #624349 KENWOOD TS 2000 RADIO. WENT TO UPS TO PICK UP, UPS EMPLOYEES(WITNESSED )AND MYSELF OPENED BOX TO DISCOVER 2, 10 LB BAGS OF CAT LITTER!
Last edited by W3JJI on Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:25 pm, edited 10 times in total.
WN9VMR

Post by WN9VMR »

i surely feel for you....i was scammed by KI4WRS on a icom ic756proiii...i didnt even get the cat litter.....damn this seems to be getting rampant the scams i mean....i love the jesus plate on his vehicle....file a internet fraud complaint with the FBI....IC3.GOV........hope you get more then the cat liter...
member or the ham community for 30 plus years....
cw is not dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
W3JJI

K---X (Now KJ4RTG) -BEWARE -RECIEVED CAT LITTER

Post by W3JJI »

[quote="WB9VMR"]i surely feel for you....i was scammed by KI4WRS on a icom ic756proiii...i didnt even get the cat litter.....damn this seems to be getting rampant the scams i mean....i love the jesus plate on his vehicle....file a internet fraud complaint with the FBI....IC3.GOV........hope you get more then the cat liter....
Last edited by W3JJI on Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
WN9VMR

Post by WN9VMR »

i know how you feel about this guy...Ki4WRS scammed 6 hams out of over $6000
W3JJI

K---X (Now KJ4RTG)....Says I recieved wrong package

Post by W3JJI »

Recieved emails from K---X (Now KJ4RTG) today,says I recieved wrong package and will fix problem.I guess time will tell.
K4JC

Re: K---X (Now KJ4RTG)....Says I recieved wrong package

Post by K4JC »

W3JJI wrote:Recieved emails from K---X (Now KJ4RTG) today,says I recieved wrong package and will fix problem.I guess time will tell.
What?! Who legitimately ships bags of cat litter? I sure hope you get this straightened out!
WN9VMR

Post by WN9VMR »

yea that sounds really odd.shipping $4 cat litter to someone...
W3JJI

K---X (Now KJ4RTG).......FILED TODAY WITH UPS

Post by W3JJI »

Filed a damage/wrong merchandise claim with ups today,they will take package and investigate.
K4KYY

CAT LITTER

Post by K4KYY »

940.00 shipped for a Kenwood TS 2000 would be very suspicous to me.
kw0o

Post by kw0o »

adios.
de kw0o kn
radiohead573@gmail.com

The Terry Coker you speak of can not be the one with callsig

Post by radiohead573@gmail.com »

I know this gentleman "Terry Coker" K---X (Now KJ4RTG) and I don't think he is the one up to getting something for nothing! Terry is a very honest person and if you got cat litter it was not sent from him! You know it is very easy to try to get something for nothing and I don't know you from Adams house cat but I would bet the farm that Terry Coker had nothing to do with this scam. I hope everything works out for you but NO I don't believe this for a minute about K---X (Now KJ4RTG).
W3JJI

Post by W3JJI »

I dont know Terry Coker(except for the dealings with the kenwood ts 2000),and I also dont know "You" radiohead573 (only by joining QTH today?) ,I only know the facts,many of them....that I will not post at this time.When I ship a radio, I handle it myself.Maybe Terry did not.I am not here to say who is good or bad.I believe the facts will tell it all.
Last edited by W3JJI on Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
W3JJI

Post by W3JJI »

THANKS,BOB
Last edited by W3JJI on Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
W3JJI

Post by W3JJI »

Thanks,For info
N3XZI

W3JJI Good Person

Post by N3XZI »

I have known JOHN,W3JJI for over 30 years,We have been to hamfest events together and bought and traded radios.He has always been to fair of a guy.The kenwood ts 2000 radio that is in question here ,I told John about listed on qth and other web sites.The sad part is John was buying this radio for a friend of both of ours who would pay John the $940.00 a little at a time.I hope this does not change his view of ham radio.
CHECK HIS FEEDBACK ON QTH!
Sincerely, Allen N3XZI
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Being as this was a obvious fraud i would think getting charges filed would be no problem. Personally in my case if it happened to me , well let's just leave it at that.....
Larry Huff K0pd
WN9VMR

Post by WN9VMR »

internet fraud charges can be filed at ic3.gov
kk9a

Re: **K---X (Now KJ4** in TN **BEWARE ! RECIEVED CAT LITTER

Post by kk9a »

W3JJI wrote:I SENT USPS MONEY ORDER ($940.00)TO K---X (Now KJ4RTG) TERRY COKER FOR LISTING #624349 KENWOOD TS 2000 RADIO. WENT TO UPS TO PICK UP, UPS EMPLOYEES(WITNESSED )AND MYSELF OPENED BOX TO DISCOVER 2, 10 LB BAGS OF CAT LITTER!
I am curious why you opened the box in front of UPS employees. Did you suspect that there was a problem? This seems very unusual. $940.00 is a very good price to have a Kenwood TS 2000 shipped, but not a good price for 20 pounds of cat litter. I hope that you can resolve this problem.
W3JJI

Post by W3JJI »

When ups handed me the package,it looked a little small to contain a kenwood ts -2000 box(ad said radio with box).The weight was aprox. the same as the radio,(I did not have radio specs with me. )That was a little suspicious to me. When you sign and leave with a package,Its recieved and its yours.Thats why I had ups and myself open it together.
NR9R

Post by NR9R »

You know, I often see discounted airline tickets for under $300 round trip for most places around the country. If I were scammed out of this kind of money, I would gladly make a weekend affair out of paying the person a direct visit. The cost of the trip would be little cost for the satisfaction it would bring to confront them in person. Sounds like an interesting business venture: Internet fraud private investigators.

Anthony
AA9OC
NR9R

Post by NR9R »

Here is the eham ad which he posted:
I have a Kenwood TS 2000 for sale. 2 years old. Original box, and manual. Great shape $940.00 This is shipping included. Cashers Check or Moneyorder only. No Personal Checks
Phone: 1-865-357-2132 email: k---x@hot mail.com
Have you tried calling?
W3JJI

Post by W3JJI »

Thanks,But that phone is now disconnected,I do have other info.that I am recieving daily,but will post at a later time.
kw0o

CAT LITTER SCAM

Post by kw0o »

That disconnected phone is listed to
3122 Whitney pl
Knoxville Tn 37917
If I were a concerned ham living in Knoxville I would drive over and knock on the door.
John, I ran down all the info and sent to to the local "you know who" on tuesday.
I would think they would act on it and send out their folks to check this out.
Clearly, this guy is scamming several folks around the country.
There is possiblity it could be someone using his personal info, but looks not likely.
Anyway, the right people have the info and i"m sure he is making plans to get out of dodge quickly.
de kw0o kn
W3JJI

Post by W3JJI »

If this person is planing on leaving "dodge", would have to take other persons also !
Last edited by W3JJI on Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
W3JJI

Post by W3JJI »

N3CIZ ,Just recieved some cat litter!