BURNED IN ABILENE

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
hankdel822@sbcglobal.net

BURNED IN ABILENE

Post by hankdel822@sbcglobal.net »

Ok,To whom it may concern with radios in need of repairs,I sent mine (430s) for receiving problems,I paid ahead of time for estimated cost for repairs,after a month or so,i was notified by technician that radio was not or could not be repaired,and that i was going to get " a" refund," i am going to refund your money" were the exact words,well,i got the radio and partial 'refund',now for the burning part,my radio has a very strong smell of cigarrete , i am out of $ 175.00 and my radio is in worst shape now that when i sent it over for repairs.
Thats a burn in my book.All I am saying,is be careful who you send your equipment to for repairs.....Thanks,Hank,kc5zss
JCH

Who did it to you?

Post by JCH »

Please give the name of the "Bandit" We have no idea as to who to blame> Thanks.
hankdel822@sbcglobal.net

Well, as I said in my first posting,Mr Peterson,in Abilene,aa5ko to be exact,just don't think he did me right,5 hrs work on something you couldn't fix which you said you could in the first place and @ 35.00 an hr,wow,that hurts.like a burn in my money account,no mercy I think,anyway,thanks for asking,
K4BOF

Post by K4BOF »

There's a picture of Mr. Petersen on www.qrz.com,... says he has 4 children that are also amateur operators. Maybe you can contact one of them to verify the situation/status of claim, plead your case about inexperience or quality of work and smooth things out. AA5KO bio says he is experienced and enjoys repair,... how did you hear about him? 73 Bruce K4BOF
hankdel822@sbcglobal.net

FIRST HEARD OF MR PETERSON IN THE FRIDAY NIGHT TRADERS NET AND ALSO ON THE SUNDAY NIGHT TRADERS NET,I DIDN'T SAY HE WAS A NO-EXPERIENCED TECH,ONLY WHAT HAPPENED TO MY 430S WHILE IN HIS HANDS AND WHAT HE CHARGED ME FOR SOMETHING THAT WASN'T DONE PROPERLY OR ?? AND WHY THE HIGH CHARGE,I WOULD'T MIND PAYING FOR "REPAIRS" IF THEY WERE DONE PROPERLY,BUT THIS WASN'T THE CASE,THANKS,KC5ZSS
hankdel822@sbcglobal.net

Just got word from technician for avvid.com He states that he already found a few ic's that were on backwards,sending inproper voltage to parts of receive and transmit and said this was my main problem that caused radio to get in worst shape than when i sent it in to Mr Peterson in Abilene,causing PLL unit to malfunction,can't beleive someone would actually charge to mess someones radio up that bad,I wanted to gain this mans trust and look what happened...kc5zss
hankdel822@sbcglobal.net

All the time and money I paid Bill Peterson in Abilene was for nothing,I am getting my 430s back today from avvid,they used the same if board Bill told me was no good and still charged me $175.00 and sent radio back to me and kept my money,avvid charged $90.00 total ,If board was good,they found a contactor that was malfuntioning,way off Bill.in trouble shooting problem and also cost,Thanks for nothing,NEVER AGAINand hope other hams don't get burned like I did,also ,Don't smoke around other hams radios,Bad Habit