Unhappy with Jarrid Day, kc8ycs

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
va3jwp

Unhappy with Jarrid Day, kc8ycs

Post by va3jwp »

Hello all, a few months back, Jarrid and I agreed on a deal on my Kenwood TS-700A I had listed here for sale or trade. Well, to make a long story short, I sent the radio to him, with the promise that i'd see the cash at the end of the month, (that month being April). Well, April turned to May, than May turned to "whenever I can get the cash together". I haven't seen a dime, and the phone calls and emails have stopped coming. He has been trying to sell the radio here on this web site, (or already sold it), without having paid for it , which really upsets me. I asked him to just send the radio back to me if he couldn't afford it, but that apparently wasen't an option. I guess i'm just hoping that by posting this deal gone bad for everyone to read, that a miracle will happen, and i'll see the cash that's owed to me. So, to anyone thinking of dealing with Jarrid, be sure to collect the cash before you send the radio, otherwise you'll end up in my situation.....looking completly foolish and empty handed.

James (VA3JWP) :(
KC4GMY

Always Check The Feedback Forum

Post by KC4GMY »

VA3EE/ VE3GNX

Post by VA3EE/ VE3GNX »

Hey James: Don't let it get you down :( . Jarrid has been pulling this stuff for atleast a couple of years. I had a few 700's for sale at one time, and he emailed and called my house so may times that I had to put a block on him.
He did the same thing to me by saying he would send the money when his cheque came in. I had a little bit more luck than you, I didn't send him anything. I also happened to check with the feedback first. Don't let one bad ham get to you :evil: .
Hope everything works out for you. If it were me I might getting in touch with the local police and, be taking a little road trip down 75.
Don VE3GNX
va3jwp

KC8YCS update

Post by va3jwp »

Hello all, well.....it's approaching the end of July, and still no payment on the TS-700A as promised. I still receive the odd email from Jarrid, promising me that the payment will come at the end of the month, but of course, it never comes. This has been going on since April, and I have learned since my last post that Jarrid has screwed some other amateurs out of their money. I'd like to see those amateurs who have been screwed by him, to post the story for everyone to read. That way it won't happen to anybody else. 73 to all, and beware of KC8YCS!!.

James (VA3JWP)
va3jwp

Still Waiting!!

Post by va3jwp »

Hello all. Well, it is now early October, and I still haven't received any money from KC8YCS, Jarrid Day, after receiving my TS-700A. As a matter of fact, I haven't heard a peep out of him since July. So, I have officially given up any hopes of ever seeing a single penny out of this clown. I can only hope that he will be forbidden from posting ads on this web site, or any other web site. I'm out $200.00 and a little pride as well. 73 to all, and beware of KC8YCS!!.

James Parker (VA3JWP)
VA3EE/ VE3GNX

Post by VA3EE/ VE3GNX »

Hey James:

Like I said this gut is a bottom feeder :evil: , just remember what goes around comes around. It's all about the carma.
Stay cool 8) Don VE3GNX
K4ICL

Re: KC8YCS

Post by K4ICL »

DAY, JARRID D
PO Box 254
309 Rice Avenue
Bethesda, OH 43719

KC8YCS -- Operator Class Technician
Last edited by K4ICL on Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VA3EE/ VE3GNX

Post by VA3EE/ VE3GNX »

Hey James: Jarrid just emailed me to help him get some free gifts if I went to some site and logged on or something.
Anyway his address is kc8ycs@hoverspot.com hope this helps you find him, and get your money for the radio,
Don
va3jwp

kc8ycs

Post by va3jwp »

Hi Don, thanks very much for the info!. I'll get right on it, though i'm not getting my hopes up. I'll keep posting updates when necessary. 73 and thanks!.

James (VA3JWP)
AE4SH

jarrid day

Post by AE4SH »

thanks for posting his email address don,
once again i'm trying to close the deal we had.
if this don't owrk , i'll have to visit the postal inspector.
va3jwp

kc8ycs

Post by va3jwp »

A question for AE4SH, i'm curious as to your situation with Jarrid. Would you mind sharing what happened to you?. I'm sure their are other guys out there in our situation. 73 and thanks.

James (VA3JWP)
AE4SH

jarrid day

Post by AE4SH »

well, i had an origional deal for a 2 meter rig he had that was broke.
i was to send him 2-2meter amps i had for the rig.
after i sent the amps he changed his mind and we agreed on a antenna he had. he wanted a homebrew 2 meter antenna i had, so i sent it as well.
he was to send the antenna, but kept saying he could not package it.
i have sent many antennas and knew it can be done.
i even told him how.
the next message was the amps blew up his radio and someone else had as well.
i had clearly stated the amps were fm only and would not work on ssb.
he got my amps and antenna and has not sent them back as i had told him to.
i know the amps were good as i had tested them here and were full output on fm only.
as for the other guy's rig , brandon must have sold or traded it as soon as he got it.
it was and still is not his to trade or sale , since the dael is still open.
i want my stuff back, broke or not.
i am getting my info together to hand over to the postal inspector since all shipping was thru the post office.
do even give this guy the time of day, he'll figure some way of cheating you outta something else.
scott
AE4SH
va3jwp

kc8ycs

Post by va3jwp »

Hi Scott, well, it sounds like you made the very same mistake that I did. You sent your equipment out to Jarrid before he sent you his. And let me guess, he called you every day and drove you crazy. And he probabley begged you to send the equipment as soon as you could, promising that he'd send his stuff at the end of the month. I am absolutley furious over the guy, and the crap that he's pulling. He thinks he's going to get away with it, but he won't. I think it's time that we organize ourselves and get all the info together that we can, and start a proper criminal procedure. If there is anybody else out there that has been screwed by Jarrid, please post your info here in this forum, for everyone to read. 73 Scott, and good luck.

James (VA3JWP)
KD7UFF

Post by KD7UFF »

I got an email from Jarrid Day on 10/4/07 Message as follows.

----- Original Message -----
To: <kd7uff>
Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2007 7:10 AM
Subject: jarrid day invites you to HoverSpot: ...

Your friend jarrid day has invited you to join HoverSpot:
Message from your friend:
Can u do this??? I think I invited u before right?
It would really help me get some points and win some stuff! The link is:
http://www.hoverspot.com/signup.php?sou ... d=39031484

va3jwp

kc8ycs

Post by va3jwp »

Hello all, i'm just wondering.......Jarrid says that if he gets enough contacts thru this hoverspot thing he's got going, he'll win prizes. I wonder if he'll win enough money to pay me back what he owes me??. I guess all I have left is my sense of humor !!.

James (VA3JWP)
K4ICL

Post by K4ICL »

Looking at an aerial view, KC8YCS appears to be living in a small trailer at the extreme south end of Rice Street (309 Rice St.) in Bethesda Ohio, a village of approximately 1,000 people.

If you gents want to resolve your problems with Mr. Day, you will need to call the Chief of Police in that village and have a constructive conversation with him. Here is the information needed.

Bethesda Police Department Chief of Police Tim Zdanski
113 Maple Ave
Bethesda, Ohio 43719
Phone: (740)484-4009 Fax: (740)484-1250

K4ICL
AE4SH

jarrid day

Post by AE4SH »

okay guy's heres the latest.
i called the Bethesda Police Department Chief of Police Tim Zdanski .
he knew all about jarrid and told me a few things.
as per the sherriff do not trust jarrid day with anything.
he is a convicted child molester. heres a link to his profile.

http://ohio.esorn.net/offenderdetails.p ... cyID=53906

copy and paste it in your browser.

i know we all lost a lot of money and items, but chief dsannski told me theres no use in prosucuting jarrid because he has nothing.
he said they're waiting on him to slip up again, hopefully something to put him away for a long time.
i feel it's best if scott can block jarrid from the site if there is a way and maybe the other site can block him as well.
futhermore, i feel the FCC should revoke the liscense of all amatuers who have been convicted of a sex crime.
this guy is a leech just waiting for his next victim.
i'll have to lick my wounds and hope to catch him in my srea someday.
scott
AE4SH[/url]
va3jwp

kc8ycs

Post by va3jwp »

Hello all, thanks to the wonders of Google Earth, I also found his little trailer that he lives in, on the end of a dead end street. And let me say that I am absolutly speechless at this moment, after learning that this loser is also a convicted sex offender. And, my thanks to Scott for sharing the info that the police chief provided to you. And thanks to K4ICL for the info as well, it's always nice to see that their are others out there who care. It's sad to think that this guy is probably going to slip up again, (according to the police), and wind up in jail. The fact that he is a convicted child molester, makes me shiver in disgust. Thank god their are laws out there that make that kind of information available to everyone. I wouldn't have dealt with this guy for one second, had I known what I know now. I'll make my call to the police dep't, and add to Jarrids long list of troubles. 73 for now.

James (VA3JWP)
N8QBY

Post by N8QBY »

Hi James, I was hoping that you would have had this resolved by now. It sounds like Jarrid needs a good thump on the melon but that's just my opinion. I have a good cure for all sex offenders but MI has abolished that penalty years ago. Good luck guys... Pat N8QBY
KD7UFF

Post by KD7UFF »

I got yet another "Invite to Help Me" email fro Jarrid on another email addres that I have.. I deleted him from that account & added his email as Spam.. I wish you guys the best of luck in getting your money back.. I hate to see people get there money taken from them from a leach as Jarrid...
Dan/KD7UFF

KD7UFF wrote:I got an email from Jarrid Day on 10/4/07 Message as follows.

----- Original Message -----
To: <kd7uff>
Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2007 7:10 AM
Subject: jarrid day invites you to HoverSpot: ...

Your friend jarrid day has invited you to join HoverSpot:
Message from your friend:
Can u do this??? I think I invited u before right?
It would really help me get some points and win some stuff! The link is:
http://www.hoverspot.com/signup.php?sou ... d=39031484

ad4aa

va3jwp

Post by ad4aa »

You and the other guys need to get together and get the FBI involved as this is I-net fraud and I think that falls under their jurisdiction. Someone like this needs to be removed from the ham society. Also if you have good records of your transaction get in touch with the local police where he lives and file charges, make sure the media is involved. :twisted:
AE4SH

jarrid day

Post by AE4SH »

from what i understood, tha local police cheif told me.
jarrid is awaitig his trial fo the child molestation case.
the date on his record is from september.
the cheif also told me this guy has nothing at all.
one of the guy'shas writted riley hollinsworth.
if anyone want to read the letter , contact me and i'll email it to you.
scott
ae4sh@bellsouth.net
VA3EE/ VE3GNX

Post by VA3EE/ VE3GNX »

any updates on this scum bag :evil:
VE3GNX
va3jwp

KC8YCS

Post by va3jwp »

Hi Don, regarding any updates on the situation with Jarrid, nothing as of yet. I continue to get the occasional email from him, promising payment very soon. I've been thru it so many times, it just makes me sick. By the way, if you haven't clicked on the link that brings you to the Bethesda Police Dep't, you really oughtta check it out. It really makes you think about who your dealing with. It scares me to think that I actually talked to this guy on the phone several times, (he called me daily and drove me nuts). I'm sure that based on his crimes that he has been charged with, he was being watched and monitored by the police. And to think that I was talking to him just makes me shake. Oh well, like I said before, it really pays to do a thourough search on who your dealing with. 73 and i'll post any updates as necessary.

James (VA3JWP)
N8QEM

Jarrid, KC8YCS

Post by N8QEM »

Jarrid tried to get me to send one of my radios that I had listed here on qth.com. Yep if you guessed a Kenwood TS-700a or a Yaesu FT-736R Bingo.
He also gave the sob story about having to wait until the end of the month.
for payment. He should be glad that he did not get my radio, or I would have to go to Ohio and get it out of his little scum butt. Here is the email address that he gave me this past week kc8ycs@hotmail.com . I am glad that I checked this low life out before sending him any gear. I had seen some of his post in the past, that should have been enough. I feel for the guys that Jarrid has riped of. This part of qth.com has saved me from a couple of bad deals. Kudos to the gang here at qth.com..
God Bless
Charlie
N8QEM
Thanks Much
God Bless
Charley