UPS......NOT!!!!!

Discussion of various shipping and packing methods, tips and tricks.
kb9iv

UPS......NOT!!!!!

Post by kb9iv »

I have sent many radio's via UPS. However recently I shipped a Mint HQ170AC to the East Coast. I more than double packed it.........that wasn't the problem.
The buyer accepted the package even knowing the box was smashed and had a hole in the box........I had $400 isurance on it, $100 standard and $300 additional. The radio's case was smashed and broken........the insurance inspector agreed I packed well and went as far to tell the buyer it was UPS's fault.
Well the fun begins........at first UPS claims told me I only had a $100 on it. I faxed the yellow reciept showing I had $300 extra.........well they agreed now BUT they want me to proviide PROOF OF ITS VALUE INSURED!!~!!!! Good luck on finding a "Book Price" for vintage radio's.......iuwduw!!

Use FedEX ground they are cheaper and they care about what you ship. The UPS claims people soound just like telemarketers believe me. Use my sound advice on this. Best 73, Bill[/b]
kb9iv

I did.....................

Post by kb9iv »

I did however take fine digital photo's of the radio so it couldn't be dispute it before I shipped it.............swing in the breeze UPS :shock:

Bill KB9IV
kb9iv

They gave in!!

Post by kb9iv »

I guess telling the claim persons I'd send High defintion pre ship photo's left no doubt.............a check has been issued.

If it's expensive take clean photo's of it before you ship it.............it help me :lol:

Bill KB9IV