Redundant Classified Ads.

This is the place to discuss the QTH.com Classifieds (http://swap.qth.com). Please be constructive.
w2rdt

Redundant Classified Ads.

Post by w2rdt »

I have noticed lately that there are way too many multiple identical Ads
being submitted by sellers.
I wonder if these posters figure they get priority exposure by abusing the
posts.
I am sure I read that this is not allowed.
Anybody else see the redundant posts growing rapidly?
Just curious
Russ==KC2RKO
N8PQB

Post by N8PQB »

Most of the time this is caused by multiple presses of the submit button. At times QTH gets so busy that when you hit the submit button it doesn't take immediately, so some will click the submit a second time. This will post the ad twice.
w2rdt

redundant ads

Post by w2rdt »

Hi, thanks for the responce, I have done what said a couple of times myself.
But it only took a couple of times, I figured out what I was doing. I am
talking about the same posters again and again.
Appreciate the reply.
Take care--Russ==KC2RKO
W4AIN

Re: Redundant Classified Ads.

Post by W4AIN »

russelld65 wrote:I have noticed lately that there are way too many multiple identical Ads
being submitted by sellers.
I wonder if these posters figure they get priority exposure by abusing the
posts.
I am sure I read that this is not allowed.
Anybody else see the redundant posts growing rapidly?
Just curious
Russ==KC2RKO
I am not sure which ads you are referring to, but many times this is caused by the poster placing the ad in different areas. As an example.... One may have a hf/vhf/uhf rig for sale. He/She places ads in the Radios - HF and Radios - VHF/UHF areas for greater exposure. You would only see both ads if you viewed both areas or if you viewed ALL ads (daily or collectively). Some people only go to the areas that interest them. Therefore, by posting the ad in both areas, the poster is marketing to two distinct groups......Check the area header on the posts in question and I do believe that you will find that the ad is indeed posted in more than one area and you are viewing the ads as a daily digest (covering all areas) causing you to assume that the same ad is posted multiple times in the same group. Hope this helps to clear up the matter. If not, then by all means just ignore my comments and have a great day anyway.
Phil - W4AIN
On The Air Communications
www.w4ain.com