Has anyone else had any dealings with N9DVD?

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
RobH

Post by RobH »

k1drw,

I'm willing to do whatever is needed to do. As I said, it's not as much the money, although I want the money, it's just the principle of the situation. He's scammed us and the situation needs to be rectified. If in some way, I can help convince any of the authorities via telephone or e-mail any of the authorities you are trying to persue, then by all means I'll be more than happy to help out with this cause. All I get is lie after lie from Branden. I too have seen the other forums of his ripping people off. This time he's just been caught better.
w8qf

N9DVD is Safe

Post by w8qf »

If you have experienced trouble with Brandon it is only a glitch.He will make everything right.I have known Brandon for several years and as would be with anyone things just happen.
va3jwp

W9DVD

Post by va3jwp »

Hello all. I am in the process of dealing with a similar situation with another amateur (kc8ycs, Jarrid Day). And, after reading all of the posts in this thread, I find it amusing that these scammers all use the same lame excuses. The post office lost the package......the post office lost the cheque I sent..........I didn't get paid this week.....bla bla bla. My situation has been going on since April, and their is no end in sight. I used to feel guilty about posting negative feedback, but threads like this one make me realize that posting a negative feedback is the least we could do. I think that one confirmed case of fraud is more than enough to have an amateur liscence revoked, and some time in jail would help as well. Good luck to everyone who has lost their money, I hope it all works out.

James Parker (VA3JWP)
RobH

Post by RobH »

I changed my callsign from KI4YLI to W4TNR. I am in the middle of trying to get my user names changed and whatnot. Just letting ya know in case you look up the info I posted in a previous post about my callsign, lol. It'll come up as cancelled.

Anyone have any new development in the Branden Granger case? I have a feeling he's just waiting to see who all is going to forget about his robbing us.
k5jmm

Re: N9DVD is Safe

Post by k5jmm »

w8qf wrote:If you have experienced trouble with Brandon it is only a glitch.He will make everything right.I have known Brandon for several years and as would be with anyone things just happen.
So you think it's okay to take money on the pretense of selling them something, stiff them for months, and when they finally resort to filing a criminal complaint with the attorney general, local district attorney, etc give the money back??

I still have not gotten my money back.

I have taken action.
K5JMM
RobH

PAID BACK IN FULL!

Post by RobH »

September 11, 2007

It is with great pleasure to announce that I have been paid back in full by Branden Granger, N9DVD. Branden sent me the money, and has been in good contact with me about his financial situations. It did take some time, but I recieved a check in the mail yesterday, and cashed the check today.

Branden is a stand up guy, and I appreciate him doing the right thing and refunding my money. I am sure he is in the process of repaying everyone.

Branden had said from the beginning that he would repay the money, and he did. I therefor, hold no grudges, and am going to do the best I can to let everyone know he made it right.

Thanks again Branden,

Rob H - W4TNR
RobH

Post by RobH »

I apparently made some people mad on another website stating he was a "Stand Up Guy". To me, this meant that he made it right...nothing more, and nothing less. I'm definatly not saying it was easy to get the money, and am not saying I would buy again, lol. That is what the people on the other site viewed my comments as. I just want to let people know I got paid back.
k5jmm

N9DVD

Post by k5jmm »

RobH - I'm glad you got your money back. It's been almost 3 months since I sent Branden Granger (N9DVD) money for a Yaesu FT-7800D radio and I have yet to be repaid. Even when I get repaid I still think this guy is a thief. There are many OTHERS he has scammed who have still not been repaid. IF he were serious about this he would stop pulling these scams - the FT-7800 isn't the only thing he has sold which he has 'neglected' to deliver.

Count your lucky stars (and your persistence) that you got repaid what was rightfully yours!
K5JMM
NR9R

Report it to Comcast for internet abuse

Post by NR9R »

I put his call into google and found this thread:

http://text.broadbandreports.com/forum/remark,16719032

You will find that N9DVD (BIG b) posted a comment:
BIG b @ 20th Aug 02:03AM:
Re: Acct suspended - Abust Dept?

I would be pissed if they shut off my internet WITHOUT warning . My primary phone (VOIP) is using Comcast HSI. With my wife being pregnant at the moment... I would probably have something to say to them ... I am glad I have Nextel as a back up but still ...

They should at least give written warning before this happens.
--
Visit my site @ www.n9dvd.com
Now visit this site:
http://www.comcast.net/terms/abuse.jsp?cookieattempt=1

Apparently comcast will suspend service to those suspected of internet abuse:
If you feel that you have been a victim of Internet abuse which took place in part or completely on the Comcast Network, please report the incident to abuse@comcast.net. Make sure to include the date and time of the incident, log files, spam examples or any other information that may be useful to the investigation and verification of the incident as well as your name and phone number or e-mail address so we may contact you directly.
Maybe it would be a good idea for all that have been ripped off by this guy to email Comcast. I believe stealing money through the internet would count as abuse.

Anthony
KC7FTE

Post by KC7FTE »

I have found that the best way to deal with a person that you have no prior dealings with is to ALWAYS pay via a U.S.P.S. Money Order and sent by Certified Mail with required return receipt!

As Paul Harvey would say, “Now for the rest of the story”!

Your local Police, Sheriff’s office, or State Police will not be able to help you out much in cases like this person and with such low amounts here, they may not even get beyond filing a report.

Now the U.S.P.S. and the Postal Inspectors, it’s another thing. They will track down this bum and file “FEDERAL FELONY” Charges against him. They don’t care about the amount, his financial problems, or even if his wife is pregnant, but that he used the U.S.P.S. to commit fraud. They put a kid in Federal Prison for 20 years for just stealing a half sheet of stamps!

KC7FTE
k5jmm

Branden Granger

Post by k5jmm »

I have finally gotten a check from Branden for the $155.00 which he has had of mine since early July.

I have filed with the Postal Inspector, I did pay by USPS money order, I did send the money with return receipt (signature), and I'm still waiting for the USPS to get off it's but and do something about this scoundrel.

Go Figure! The government isn't there to 'HELP' you deal with a thief. They seem to be as reliable as Branden Granger... (sad state of affairs). I also tried to get the FBI's attention, and also filed paperwork with the State of Indiana Attorney General's Office. Local recourse seems almost nil.
K5JMM