"WARNING"

This is the place to discuss the QTH.com Classifieds (http://swap.qth.com). Please be constructive.
K4APO

"WARNING"

Post by K4APO »

Heading: WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ad Message: Read this and heed this warning!!!! If you see a Radio and would like to get more information on it, and ask for pictures, and they do not respond. WATCH OUT!!! If for any reason they can not send pictures they should respond in telling so. EXAMPLE: KI4KUH. I have asked for information several times, and pictures on the radio and he will not respond. This is what I am talking about. I have sold many radios on QTH and if someone ask for information and pictures, I always respond. Just be carefull.....K4APO
K8YK

Post by K8YK »

I can not imagine in todays world trying to sell a 1000 dollar item and not being able to provide a picture to a potential buyer. You can buy a cheap digital camera today for $50. It may not be the best camera for detail but at least the buyer could see the item on hand.
kc6vlg

Is he a crook?

Post by kc6vlg »

EXAMPLE: KI4KUH. I have asked for information several times, and pictures on the radio and he will not respond. This is what I am talking about. I have sold many radios on QTH and if someone ask for information and pictures, I always respond. Just be carefull
How do you know that he is a crook? Not sending picture and no email response does not make the individual a crook. How do you get to your conclusion that the guy is a crook just because he ignored you? I once listed an item and some guy responded. To make a long story short.... this guy sent me a flury of emails about the item. Something had happened and I could not reply to him in a couple of days so he complaint to Scott (site owner) who sent me a note a few days later to see if I'm still alive.

The point is, do not label someone a crook until he/she actually scammed you or a good reason to make you feel that he is about to. Not answering your email is not scamming. If you're not comfortable with the guy's demeanor or email etiquette than don't deal with him but don't accused him for being a scammer.[/b]
K4ICL

Where is the "crook"?

Post by K4ICL »

Not to put too fine a point on it, but I don't find anything about anyone being a crook? He does say to be careful and to watch out which is always good advise.

So where is the crook part?

K4ICL
kc6vlg

Implying is 3/4

Post by kc6vlg »

He may not use the word but his message is loud and clear. One can hide behind the technicality all day but we all know exactly what that message meant. The intention of the author is obvious, to bring attention to anyone who may be dealing with that individual in a negative light.

Implying is 3/4 of accusation. Hey....I may have came up with my own cliche :lol:
N8PQB

K4APO

Post by N8PQB »

I somewhat agree. IMHO, if someone refuses to send pictures when requested, I wonder what is being hidden. I have seen digital cameras as low as $29. No its not a fancy one, but it will work. I have a hard time accepting the 'I don't have a camera thing". To be successful in selling/trading ham gear, a camera is one of the tools needed. You wouldn't use a radio without a mic, why would you join the internet sell/trade game without a camera?
I will not even start on the emailing subject, but will say, there is a certain level of courtesy that should be reasonable to expect, anything less than that is questionable in my opinion.