QUESTION ON FEEDBACK AS PART OF AD POSTED

This is the place to discuss the QTH.com Classifieds (http://swap.qth.com). Please be constructive.
AD5VJ

QUESTION ON FEEDBACK AS PART OF AD POSTED

Post by AD5VJ »

How would everyone feel about having:

A number (like on ebay) of feedbacks
relating to the associated call sign within each ad we view.

Also a link included in the ad each person posts.

Such as "Click Here for Feedback"

We could click on it and it would open a new window and do an automatic search for the call sign associated with the ad so we could look the call sign up faster. If there was no feedback to be found then it would default to a page stating "No FeedBack Found"

Just an idea to make things faster for searching.

TNX,
BOB AD5VJ
wa8mea

Post by wa8mea »

-
Last edited by wa8mea on Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
N1UK

Post by N1UK »

The feedback system on Ebay leads a lot to be desired. If you post negative feedback all that happens is that the other party posts negative feedback to your account and tries to damage your credability.

I had a bad expereince buying a supposedly mint radio on Ebay that turned out to be damaged and broken. The seller refused to do anything about it and even sent me threatening emails.

In the end there was nothing I could do about it - not even leave negative feedback. I certainly will never buy another used radio on Ebay as this was a costly mistake. Shameful since the radio had been donated to the seller in the first place.
N8PQB

Ebay

Post by N8PQB »

These are among the many reasons why its not smart to buy off Ebay. I think this especially applies to ham gear. Many times I have seen the tag lines on ads on QTH saying, "If not sold by "some time frame", it goes to Ebay". This tells me its probably not a good piece of equipment in the first place.

The down side to this is that there are some really good guys, selling really good stuff on Ebay. But like always, "One bad apple ruins the whole basket".
K4ICL

Returning to the subject...

Post by K4ICL »

Actually you can get the info you sited by using the SEARCH function. Just put the person's callsign in the box and click on the SEARCH button. If the person has feedback here, or anywhere else in the chat forums, you will see a count of his posts and a hyperlink to click to see every post about him. It takes a little effort but has none of the problem often seen with other methods of summarizing feedback results.

Enjoy,

K4ICL