Has anyone else had any dealings with N9DVD?

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
K4JC

Has anyone else had any dealings with N9DVD?

Post by K4JC »

Hello, all. I have enjoyed reading the many posts here about great hams helping each other out. I have also been saddened to learn that there are some hams who just like to rip people off. I have made many successful trades here on QTH.com, but now have run into a bad apple.

On July 7, 2006, I sent $65 via Paypal to Branden Granger, N9DVD of Connersville, IN, for a Comet GP-15 antenna. Mr. Granger said he would get the antenna packed and shipped right away. Having heard nothing for a couple of weeks, I emailed him on July 27 to inquire about the antenna and ask for a tracking number. After a couple of requests he sent me an email saying he would check with the (name never mentioned) shipping company. That was July 28, and since then, despite many emails from me requesting the antenna or a refund, I have heard nothing more from Mr. Granger. My last email to him yesterday stated that if I got no response from him I would post in this forum.

Although I am disappointed about losing my $65, I am even more disappointed that a fellow ham has chosen to rip me off. It is true that there are many deals gone bad on sites such as QTH.com, and I guess it was time for my good fortune to end. I cannot find a telephone number for Mr. Granger, and getting Paypal to help is a joke, so I guess I'll just chalk this one up to experience. But if you are considering a deal with N9DVD, please, caveat emptor.
KG4LHQ

N9DVD

Post by KG4LHQ »

About 3 months ago I bought a 13B2 Cushcraft... Transaction went perfect got the antenna in no time...

He then towards the end of last month posted he had another 13B2 for sale. I offered him a price and he took it the same price as last time... He said that he mailed it and has supposably went to the post office to check to see whats up, he states he had insurance on it and that he will refund me whenever he gets it back...

I've waited and waited and finally filed a complaint with paypal as that was my method of payment and he sent me $25.00 partial refund of the $68.00 I paid him.

He states that he is going to refund me today when he gets home he said he gets paid today so we'll see if I get the $43.00 today or not.

He is a nice person, kindly slow answering emails but the first transaction I had with him went beautifully don't know what happened this time. Hopefully he isn't going down the wrong path.
n9dvd

Sorry for the problems guys ...

Post by n9dvd »

Sorry for the problems this month ... Both of you check your INBOX and PayPal accounts .. I am making everything right !

Sorry again and I hope no hard feelings ....
Branden N9DVD
KG4LHQ

N9DVD

Post by KG4LHQ »

Thanks Branden - I have received my refund for the antenna purchased and I have no hard feelings... I completely understand just hate keeping problems lingering....

Thanks alot

Man of his word = Branden Granger

Thanks!
K4JC

Partial refund received

Post by K4JC »

Thank you, Branden, I did receive a partial $25 refund today. Will make a final post here when the balance is received.
RobH

Post by RobH »

Hi, long time reader, first time poster.

Dang. I wish I would have read this before I made my purchase.

I bought a Yaesu 7800R from N9DVD aka Branden Granger. I sent the money on 7-11-07 via money order. I never received word that he received the money, so I E-mailed a couple of times and he finally let me know he had received my payment. As of 7-16-07 he sent the radio via USPS Parcel Post. Today is 7-24-07 and I have yet to see the radio. I thought it may have been due to the type of shipping, but I called my local postal office, and no matter what size, from his zip code 47331 to my office 37188, and even with the cheap postage, it should have only taken 4 days. I had informed him I wanted it by the end of last week to take on a long over the road business trip I was taking.

I hate to take this approach. I know it has not been sent here b/c we have 2 receptionist on hand all day to accept mail/packages. At first Branden was replying to E-mails within moments until I bought the radio. I have mailed now multiple times with no response looking for something to ease my curiosity like a tracking code. I didn't know what else to do. I'll keep posted if I hear anything from Branden. I really want the radio, lol. I have been in business long enough to understand how long it takes to ship and know how shipping works. He could have sent it through customs in Canada by now. I know it has not been like a month like most people would wait, but I expect prompt shipment when payment is sent prompt. If I would have dragged tail on payment then I would understand.

Branden, if you read this, I would like an explanation.

By the way, here's the link to the classifieds ad.

http://www.eham.net/classifieds/detail/234931

Thanks for your time,

Rob
RobH

Post by RobH »

Well, still no radio. He marked the ad as being sold. I've sent a half dozen E-mails to which I get no responce.

Guess all I can do is wait.
RobH

Post by RobH »

After threatening to contact my states attorney he offered a refund. But he has yet to come forward with it.

Watch out for this scammer. This is the first time I've ever had trouble on the internet and have been buying for a long time. I'm going to make this known to everyone I know.

N9DVD = Down right crook.

Maybe now he'll answer E-mails.

Thanks for stealing my money Branden.
KD5ZJO

Post by KD5ZJO »

Branden just told me he had three radios. One belonged to a friend and two were his.

He says he may have mailed radios to the wrong destinations. He's checking that out.
KD5ZJO

Post by KD5ZJO »

I sent Branden a check for $155 in responce to the same eham ad about the FT-7800.

Since I hadn't heard anything for two weeks, I checked with Branden. That's when he said he had three radios. He said he's trying to figure out what happened in shipping.

Yesterday, I asked him what his recovery plan is, but he hasn't responded, yet.
KD5ZJO

Post by KD5ZJO »

Branden says he'll get the radios to us next week or refund our money. He says he's trying to contact everyone.

Thanks, Branden!
k5jmm

scammed by N9DVD (Branden Granger)

Post by k5jmm »

I also attempted to purchase an item from Branden Granger (a Yaesu FT-7800D which he listed on QRZ.com for $155.00). I sent him a USPS money order for $155.00 on 9 July 2007 and have received nothing but promises that the transceiver had been mailed to me but he would not provide a tracking number. He claimed he filed for insurance but I never received a money order refunding my $155.00. Last email received was 7/31/2007. I have received no reply after 5 emails + attempts to call on his phone listed in white pages 765-827-8425.
k5jmm

How many FT-7800D radios does Branden really have? zero??

Post by k5jmm »

How many radios does he have???? If you have been scamed by Branden you also may want to talk with your USPS postal inspector and with the State of Indiana Attorney General's office (http://www.in.gov/attorneygeneral/consu ... plaint.pdf)
K5JMM
K4JC

About N9DVD

Post by K4JC »

Just to update everyone (which I originally promised to do and didn't, sorry!) I did eventually receive a refund from Mr. Granger. He sent it back to me via Paypal in two partial payments, so I did lose some money from the fees Paypal charged me for receiving my refunds from him.

Looking back through my emails, I received a inquiry this past July from a gentleman who was considering buying an FT-7800 from Mr. Granger. This gentleman had seen my posts here and wondered if I had received my refund. I explained what happened and suggested that I would be leery about dealing with Mr. Granger again. He agreed and decided to forego the transaction.

Not sure why this guy is ripping off fellow hams, but as has been said here before, if you don't know who you're dealing with, do a search on them, either here or on Google. It could save you a LOT of trouble.

I certainly hope that everyone here gets either a radio or a refund.
KD5ZJO

Post by KD5ZJO »

I followed up with Branden, this morning. Has anyone else heard from him, yet?
k5jmm

Branden Granger's scams

Post by k5jmm »

I emailed Branden on Monday Aug 6 telling him I was filing a complaint with the local postal inspector on Tuesday and that I was looking forward to seeing him go to jail. He responded immediately (he does read his emails - he just ignores them as long as he thinks he can get away with it) saying "Joe can I send you a personal check from my own account I do not have time to go to the post office. I work until 5 now." I responded saying that it had better not bounce.

On Thursday Aug 9 I emailed him:
Branden -
(1) Did you mail the check?
(2) Did you send the check certified mail?
(3) If the answer is Yes on the above - what is the tracking number?

He responded today with an email:
Joe,
Yes i mailed the check. No it is not certified. I dropped in the mailbox after i left work and after they were closed. I will be so glad when this is over. I am stressed and am ready to spend tome woth my kids again and not have this on my mind.
Branden

So I am still waiting for a check to arrive. If I don't receive a check soon or the check bounces I will have more amunition to send to the Indiana State Attorney General's office - I have the complain all ready to go. If ANYTHING goes wrong with being reimbursed I am looking forward to sending it and pursuing this as far as I possibly can. I wish the FBI were more cooperative in prosecuting these people!

I really don't believe he has more than one FT-7800 if he has one at all. It's nice to see that 15 emails has made this scammer sweat. I think he tries to string people along hoping they will just give up and he'll make off with the money they have sent him.

RobH - did you ever get a response from him? Did he respond to your emails - you might try my suggestion about filing a complain with the local postal inspector and also with the Indiana Stat Attorney General's Office... K5JMM
K5JMM
KD5ZJO

Post by KD5ZJO »

Thanks k5jmm! I and RobH will have to do what you've done.

Branden has not replied to my email asking for status, so I have to take action.

We could be a little more understanding if we heard from him.
KD5ZJO

Post by KD5ZJO »

Branden says his blackberry didn't forward a reply to me on Sunday. He did reply today. He says he'll send me a check on Friday.
RobH

Post by RobH »

WOW!

A lot has happened since the last time I logged in. I never heard anything else out of this site, so I went elsewhere and complained, lol. I complained on QRZ about the problem, and some people relied. One of the replies mentions information pertaining to Branden's family. He got scared, and E-mailed me promising to send a personal check and that it would clear, and that if something happens to his wife or 3 boys it would be MY fault! I replied back and let him know I did NOT want this information and that I did NOT ask for it.

So...those E-mails were on 8-6-07. I mailed him back AGAIN yesterday after no replies and he said he has to wait till he gets paid to send the money to me. After I sent the money immediatly, this crook has to wait to be paid to send my money?

Branden DOES read his e-mails and gets them immediatly, but will NOT respond until you threaten him. I am fed up with this scammer, and am contacting all the authoritive figures I can as we speak.

Check out this chain of events. My callsign is KI4YLI, so that is me listed on QRZ. http://www.qrz.com/ib-bin/ikonboard.cgi ... 0;t=163955

I am shocked to see that he supposidly has "3" of these radio's for sale. I would guarantee that is an outright lie....and the postal service just happened to loose all "3" of the radios...yeah right.
RobH

Post by RobH »

Another day, come and gone with no check.

Branden, why don't you be a man and reply on here? I'm tired of trying to get a strait answer from you.

And by the way K5JMM, I have my complaint form sitting here, filled out, ready to go, as well as a 3 page document with the transcripts from my e-mails to and from Branden to send to the attorney generals office. I have already filed a complaint with the postal service for stealing my money order.

You'd better clear your name, or you are going to have some trouble on your hands with all these postal complaints and all these attorney general complaints ready to mail.
KD5ZJO

Post by KD5ZJO »

Please keep us posted.

Branden said he would mail the check for me, this Friday.

If the check is not received within five days from that day, I will file complaints, as well.

The original commitment was for a check or radio to be mailed, last week.

I'll let you know what happens.
k5jmm

Continuing problems getting money refunded by B Granger

Post by k5jmm »

I finally sent the following after waiting for the promised check to arrive in the mail. He must think we are all really fools...

Branden -
Over a week ago (Aug 6/7) you emailed me telling me that you had sent a personal check to me. It has not arrived. I expected you to send me a check made out to xxxxxxxaddress included in originalxxxxx. It has been more than 10 days. I considered your email a sign of good faith. I now have questions about whether you even sent the check.
If I do not receive a USPS money order for $155 by next Wednesday (August 22) at the latest I will go talk with the postal inspector at our Alvin post office and I will mail a packet to the Indiana Attorney General's office containing copies of ALL of the emails and a copy of the USPS money order which I sent to you and which you have not honored by sending the agreed upon merchandise (a Yaesu FT-7800D transceiver) OR refunded my money. I have the complaint forms ALL FILLED OUT AND READY TO SUBMIT.
In the event that I receive your check in the mail which you claim to have sent I will hold it until I receive the USPS money order and not cash it.

Joseph (k5jmm)
-------------------------------------------------------------
later -
Granger's response was:
Joe,

I had to hold of on mailing it because my previous employer stiffed me on my last pay check. I am really wanting to send you money but cannot afford to yet until i get paid from my new job. Can i send you a payment to show my good faith? I will send yopu whatever i can until your paid off.
Branden
Branden Granger. MCP
brandengranger@gmail.com

So what this shows you is that Branden is (1) a liar, (2) a scammer, (3) <what>

So you can't trust his word - no matter how insistent he is that he has already done what you asked. Take note and beware!!! K5JMM
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my response to his email:
Branden -
If I were to believe anything you told me I would be a fool. Either get the USPS money order to me by next wednesday or I will do exactly what I said I would do: (1) go file a complaint with the postal inspector and (2) mail the complaint packet with these additional emails to the Indiana State Attorney General's Office

K5JMM
K5JMM
RobH

Post by RobH »

K5JMM,

That's the kind of responses I'm getting out of him as well. Perhaps he doesn't know that WE know he sold the radio to 3-4 other people. Heck, we don't know how many others he sold it to that have not come forward or don't know to come forward.

Looks like he tried a simular setup this time last year. Guess money gets tight for him, but for him to tell me he is going to send the money via money order, then 3 days later I ask about it, and he says personal check, then a week laster I ask about it and he says "i don't have the money", then it looks like he is telling us ALL the SAME thing. It's Friday. I've given enough time. I'm sending my packet to the Attorney General today. I've been in business long enough to know a scammer when I see one. The USPS may be slow, but they're pretty good at not losing packages like this. The reason he's so willing to "say" he's sending the money is b/c he knows he didn't send radios. I'll e-mail him when I get work letting him know the same thing as on here. He claimed he was going to pay me, so I can clear his name on QRZ b/c it mentions info about him and his wife and he's scared for his kids. He obviously lied about that as well.

Is there not someone from the FCC that can be notified of this? This dude doesn't deserve to have the right to have a ham radio license.
k1drw

Yes - I am another new victim of N9DVD

Post by k1drw »

To: K4JC, KD5JZO, K5JMM, Ki4YLI:
My name is Dennis , K1DRW. I also sent N9DVD $155 on July 6th for a Phantom FT-7800. Everything that has happened to you guys has happened to me, step-by-step, the same. This sick individual even scanned a partial payment personal check and emailed the scan to me last Thursday. Every lie has been just a stalling technique. I detailed what my actions were going to be and today I am taking action with each step. I promised this young man I would show up on his doorstep to retrieve my stolen money and I am. I am traveling to my (2) sons homes near Cincinnati (about 45 minutes from N9DVDs house) next week. I called his county prosecuting attorneys office Friday and left a message to call me Monday. I will advise the Prosecuting Attorney and the local Sheriff of the criminal actions this young man has perpetrated. I will stop at the Sheriffs office to have him accompany me and my sons to N9DVDs doorstep for the purpose of confronting the thief to retrieve my stolen money. If you guys are interested in the several steps I am taking starting today, you can email me at (dennis.wells at comcast.net). I hope I have your permission to advise the Prosecuting Attorney of N9DVDs theft of your money as well. So, I know of FIVE of us as of now. Maybe one theft would be a misdemeanor but Five may be a Felony. I personally will not rest until this sick individual is serving time AND made to return my stolen money. I hope his wife Kim is not an accomplis.

respectfully, Dennis R. Wells Sr.
k5jmm

Branden is scamming other people too

Post by k5jmm »

Take a look at http://www.noobforums.com/forums/archiv ... -8888.html for a similar story about an I-930 phone. He isn't just a crook with ham radio gear!
K5JMM