CES 4700VP voice patch

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
KL7TQ

CES 4700VP voice patch

Post by KL7TQ »

I had an old CES SSI 68 voice patch connected to my IC-229 and it worked fine for years until it got zapped. I bought a CES 4700VP but have been unsuccessful in making it work with my IC-229. Does anyone out there know what radio will work with the 4700. or another patch that works with the IC-229. Radios are cheaper than patches so I would prefer a radio that works with the patch.
I use it as a way to make calls from my remote Cabin via 2m. there is no cell service there.
Mark Kelliher
KL7TQ
Mark Kelliher
KL7TQ
SKYPE kelliheralaska
n7anl

Re: CES 4700VP voice patch

Post by n7anl »

KL7TQ wrote:I had an old CES SSI 68 voice patch connected to my IC-229 and it worked fine for years until it got zapped. I bought a CES 4700VP but have been unsuccessful in making it work with my IC-229. Does anyone out there know what radio will work with the 4700. or another patch that works with the IC-229. Radios are cheaper than patches so I would prefer a radio that works with the patch.
I use it as a way to make calls from my remote Cabin via 2m. there is no cell service there.
Mark Kelliher
KL7TQ
==============================================
Mark,
Seems to me there are no radios which shold not work with this patch (Unless this patch is ONLY for full duplex use). Sorry about the double negative. Any radio made should work fine (as long as the patch is capable for simplex ). Maybe the patch was not quite wired up right to the radio, or maybe one of your patch 'settings' is not right.

You didn't mention what type of problem you were having however, or if it works "somewhat" or not at all. Does it receive the audio thru the 229 and will it acknowledge the touctones, or ?

Ive never worked with a 4700 but I did use several CES patches and they all worked way back when. In fact, Ive got two CES Smart Patch's if you want a deal on them (simplex only, sampling & vox choices).

Send me an email DIRECT and we can talk about some other things you'll want to know about. radrick (at) netw.com

Rick