Some people just don't read

This is the place to discuss the QTH.com Classifieds (http://swap.qth.com). Please be constructive.
n9vao

Some people just don't read

Post by n9vao »

This just can't be happening to me. Many times over the last several years I have posted items for sale and have clearly stated that payment must be US postal money order only and stated lower 48 only or for sale only, no trades.
Sure enough I get replies to the ad saying they want it and will I take a personal check or bank check. I get replies asking if I would ship to Brazil or Spain. I have had many asking if I would trade it for something when I stated no trades.
Is it that hard to understand that when I say US postal money order only that is what I will accept and nothing else? Is it also hard to understand that for sale only means that and no trades? If I change my mind I will edit the ad and say so. I also get a kick when I put something like $200 firm in the ad and then I get an e-mail asking what is the lowest price I will take.
As I said, this just can't be happening to me.
wa8mea

Post by wa8mea »

-
Last edited by wa8mea on Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
kc6vlg

Some of us can't read

Post by kc6vlg »

That's why they put pictures in the owner's manual. :idea: We should come up with icons for these terms like "no trade", "no lowballing"..ect...ect... We have icons for PayPal, Visa.... why can't we have them for "no haggle",,,"suckers beware"..... :lol:
N2CTI

Post by N2CTI »

I have this friend who doesn't work, hasn't for the last 30 years or so. He gets by by talking people who are selling something, mostly cars and boats and related parts, into practically giving things to him. He advertises in the swap sheets and sells most of these things later for top dollar. He will keep things years until he gets his price. He's very cheap, if he goes to a bar he sneaks in beer in the front of his pants.
My point is that there a lot of guys out there like him, and their philosophy is "Nothing ventured, nothing gained". We just have to live with them.
KE0ZU mikeinkcmo

Post by KE0ZU mikeinkcmo »

I have a friend, who is 86, like N2CTI describes.

I, good naturedly razz the p**p out of him every chance I get. His reply is either, It was the only job left when I got there, or, where does it say "I" have to pay what everybody else pays.

He smiles, loves the attention and never grumbles. Favorite saying is, never throw anything away, somebody WILL pay for it.

He'll buy the whole group, lunch a couple times a week though.
Just my 2 cents worth