Joe Zych - KD4YSH

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
KC4GMY

Joe Zych - KD4YSH

Post by KC4GMY »

I purchased a 6 meter 1/4 wave from Joe. These 1/4 wave antennas have an attractive price and would probably be okay for bands below 6 meters.

The antenna arrived today and I was shocked to see that it was made from flimsy 1/8 inch aluminum welding rod (Crimped together) . This material is extremely soft and bends very easily. I talked with Joe on the phone about it and he said that I was the only one that had ever complained about the soft elements out of about 1,245 units sold of this model.

The antenna elements were shipped without being affixed to a wooden stake which is probably why they were also bent during shipping.

Maybe I am just picky, but I recommend not buying this 6 meter antenna. It should have at least had hardened aluminum elements.
Last edited by KC4GMY on Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
ad5em

KD4YSH

Post by ad5em »

I have to agree with KC4GMY. My 6m antenna arrived bent, also. Could have been better packed, could have been better quality, could have been insured. But for my good money, I received a damaged antenna, and it's my problem. Joe's response was to blame the post office and to tell me I could straighten out the bent antenna and buy replacement hardware and any hardware store. I certainly cannot recommend buying this antenna.
KC4GMY

Post by KC4GMY »

Beware - KD4YSH is still posting ads to sell his poor quality antennas...

My neighbor (who knows nothing about amateur radio) saw the antenna I bought from Joe and said: "Charles, that sure is a sickly looking antenna you got on your house". All I could do was laugh...

The aluminum welding rod kept bending in the wind so I had to replace it with a stainless whip. Now it's not quite so pathetic.

Do yourself a favor and avoid these antennas!
NR9R

Post by NR9R »

I put this gentleman's call into a search engine to see if any other info is floating around and I came upon his ebay feedback. It speaks for itself.

http://myworld.ebay.com/kd4ysh/
KC4GMY

Post by KC4GMY »

Amazing what you can search and find with Google!

I searched and found that he also sells a "Duel Band" antenna. I am guessing that this model can also be used as sword...

En Garde!
W9DMW-2

Post by W9DMW-2 »

:cry: I to must ad to this reply, I paid Joe In march, Check cleared the bank on 3-26-07, I have not heard from him nor do I have the antennas, From what I see here, I think I donot want them. I was hopeing to recieve a quality product, But i guess not. Joe if you read your feedbacks, Pay attention to them, I think someone is trying to tell you something. Please return my money, I have waited long enough, I nolonger want them. Sell them to someone else who wants to wait, I donot.
Don W9DMW
n3zas

BAD ANTENNAS 2 MMETER AND 440 DONT WORK

Post by n3zas »

GARBAGE ANTENNAS DON'T BUY!!!!!