NR8S David Jones-UNTRUSTWORTHY

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
bigaltyson

NR8S David Jones-UNTRUSTWORTHY

Post by bigaltyson »

On 9/17 Mr Jones placed an add for 5 Yaesu Filters which were offered for sale individually and priced accordingly. I contacted Mr Jones both via E Mail ( to which he replied ) and by phone ( which he answered ) and offered to buy One (1) of the offered filters for his asking price. He agreed and instructed me to obtain a money order and mail it to his QTH. I informed him I would do so the next day. As I promised, on the way to work the next day ( after checking my E mail before leaving the house ) I purchased a money order for the agreed upon amount and mailed it to Mr Jones after arriving at work. Later that morning I received an E Mail from Mr Jones advising me that he had changed his mind and would now only sell the filters in pairs ( he edited his add on 9/18 to reflect this ) and that " he was sorry for the inconvenience ". I replied that I had already purchased the MO and mailed it to him. When I didn't receive any resonse from him by the end of the day ( he didn't have the courtesy to reply at all ) I was fortunate enough to retreive the letter from our mail room before it was delivered to the Post Office. It's apparent to me that as far as Mr Jones is concerned His word certainly isn't his bond.