KD7BKQ Vern Fales - scammer

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
wjay

KD7BKQ Vern Fales - scammer

Post by wjay »

I was recently scammed out of some money by Vern Fales (aka David Fales) of Cody Wyoming. I sent a check to him and was to receive a radio back. The radio was never shipped. After trying to contact him 20 or so times and getting hung up on, I e-mailed him and asked for a paid receipt, a tracking #, anything. That he will not provide. All he says is "I sent it" - period. And he expects that to fly. After receiving 3 or 4 e-mails from him about being in a coma and taking cancer treatments, I decided to call the phone # for him. He was home - imagine that!! But I was hung up on so many times I oost count. Beware of these people! Like their relatives and the Cody Police Dept told me - they are all bad news. Don't get sucked in by these folks.
KE3GK

Scam

Post by KE3GK »

DId he have a callsign and where did he advertise the radio to being with ?
vk2uw

Re Fraud

Post by vk2uw »

If a person is telling you that they have sent the item via Post or Air,and tell you to claim it against the above, and they have not done this, then this is also Fraud.

Contact the Securities division of the party concerned and inform them, also the details of the person involved.

The Securities section of these services frown upon this type of deal, This is a free service, but a safe guard against ripoffs.

Best of luck.
Chris Wright
VK2UW
wjay

KD7BKQ

Post by wjay »

His callsign is KD7BKQ, which comes back to a Vern Fales in Cody Wy - the exact address I sent the check to. The person that did this could possibly be the ham's son. I have tried to contact the father (assuming the son did it) but they all hang up on me. The mother even called me back and told me she was tired of me calling at 5 am!!!! The gall absolutely amazes me!!!

Chris - he told me, via e-mail, that he sent the radio via US Postal Service. But with no more information that that, I can't do much about checking with the mail service to verify it. He claims to have a paid receipt where he shipped it, but after 10 or so requests to see this- I get nothing at all from him. He never sent the radio, so therefore he has no paid receipt. I agree - a plain and simple case of fraud. The police say it is a civil matter between me and him - I disagree. I tried to explain to the lady that called me (the mother or wife I presume - she wouldn't identify herself) that it would be in the whole family's best interest to refund my money before I go out there. She said she was taking that as a threat and I informed her that that was exactly what it was meant to be, as I intend on getting even with whoever lives in that residence.
She immediately hung up on me. I have no sympathy or mercy for scum that deliberately beats honest people out of money, as I feel they belong in jail. I looked up phone #'s for anyone in Cody WY with the same last name and called them. They all told me the same thing - that they are pretty much worthless folks that do this to people, as they all told me I was not the 1st person to be inquiring with similar complaints on them. The Cody Police told me the same thing - lots of problems out of these folks. To all who read this - beware of these people!!!
wa4cch

scam

Post by wa4cch »

hi sorry you got took the FBI has a site to report internet fraud do a search on FBI look for internet fraud site and file a complaint after you have done so send the thief a copy
73 de chuck
davefa

he got the scanner

Post by davefa »

he got the radio he is a known scammer and is the one who scammed not me so he looses and I don't live at the adress he thinks I do
warezcc

Re: KD7BKQ

Post by warezcc »

wjay wrote:His callsign is KD7BKQ, which comes back to a Vern Fales in Cody Wy - the exact address I sent the check to. The person that did this could possibly be the ham's son. I have tried to contact the father (assuming the son did it) but they all hang up on me. The mother even called me back and told me she was tired of me calling at 5 am!!!! The gall absolutely amazes me!!!

Chris - he told me, via e-mail, that he sent the radio via US Postal Service. But with no more information that that, I can't do much about checking with the mail service to verify it. He claims to have a paid receipt where he shipped it, but after 10 or so requests to see this- I get nothing at all from him. He never sent the radio, so therefore he has no paid receipt. I agree - a plain and simple case of fraud. The police say it is a civil matter between me and him - I disagree. I tried to explain to the lady that called me (the mother or wife I presume - she wouldn't identify herself) that it would be in the whole family's best interest to refund my money before I go out there. She said she was taking that as a threat and I informed her that that was exactly what it was meant to be, as I intend on getting even with whoever lives in that residence.
She immediately hung up on me. I have no sympathy or mercy for scum that deliberately beats honest people out of money, as I feel they belong in jail. I looked up phone #'s for anyone in Cody WY with the same last name and called them. They all told me the same thing - that they are pretty much worthless folks that do this to people, as they all told me I was not the 1st person to be inquiring with similar complaints on them. The Cody Police told me the same thing - lots of problems out of these folks. To all who read this - beware of these people!!!
yep i agree with u
This is a free service, but a safe guard against ripoffs.

Best of luck.
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Strange you waited 7 yrs to respond to the accusations.
Larry Huff K0pd