KD7UVX - Got taken by this Oregon Ham

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
AL7HG

KD7UVX - Got taken by this Oregon Ham

Post by AL7HG »

A Medford, Oregon, ham named Brian Bowie advertised a Drake setup here, an SPR-4 with FS-4. When I answered his ad he refused to split them up and requested a $615 check for both. I sent the check, but he never sent the equipment.

Does anyone know what 'authorities' I should contact in Oregon to 'report' this guy. His particulars are Brian Bowie, 1800 Crater Lake, Ave. 3, Medford, OR 97504. bbowie1@juno.com. I have emailed this guy and sent several letters to this address, asking where the equipment is, but received no response.

I did a search for Bowie at Buckmaster and it confirmed that he was a 'tech-class' ham, but would not give me his call sign.

Please respond to al7hg@arrl.net.
KE3GK

Callsign ...

Post by KE3GK »

When you did the lookup, didn't it show his callsign ?
wa4cch

Post by wa4cch »

hi
i looked him up on qrz.com
it list's kd7uvx brian m bowie @ 1800 crater lake ave
medford or 97504
if i were you i would contact the local police in medford advise them as to what has happened and ask them to pay him a visit to see what he plans to do .......
sometimes it only takes a little nudge from the local police to get the ball rolling
good luck
de wa4cch/chuck