Got taken by Mike Kelley

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
wb5qbn

Got taken by Mike Kelley

Post by wb5qbn »

I have never had to do this before, but I feel that it is necessary to keep others from having it happen to them.. Long Story Short the above gentleman... He never gave me his Callsign ... Sold me a Jupiter Transceiver that he stated in the ad that had the internal Antenna Tuner installed.. Well when I received it it didn't... I have tried to email him but he does not return my emails.. The Radio and accessories that I got from him work fine and are in good condition but the only reason I bought the radio (I had another Jupiter without the tuner that I sold because of this sale) was for the tuner... So I am very disapointed that someone would do this... I would like to speak to him and see if perhaps it was a typo, but he isn't answering my email.. Enuff Said

Frank, WB5QBN :(
radiodave

Tried using QRZ database for detective work?

Post by radiodave »

:)
Hi Frank
Have you tried using the QRZ.com database of names, cities, etc, to do a little poor hams detective work? I have used this in the past, and if you know the name (which it seems you do) and the City & State the dude is from (which you probably do), it should be a simple matter of getting his callsign from that info and hence his address. If you need any help with this, I will be glad to assist you. There are too many rotten eggs in ham radio today, and that is one reason I am getting ready to sell out...too many "CB Extra Class" operators on the ham bands, and after over 25 years of this (I just turned 42 BTW, so I was licensed early) I am sick of it. You can email directly at: david@davidcarter.us

Blessings,
Dave
kb3cur

Post by kb3cur »

Hi Frank,
You have his address where you sent the payment for the radio. you also have his name, go to whitepages.com and you can get his phone number if its not unlisted. call him until he answers.
Good luck !!!! lerry kb3cur