update on KB6EIL Justin DePolis

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
KN4N

update on KB6EIL Justin DePolis

Post by KN4N »

Still have not received ft 100 from Justis DePolis who listed a call of KB6EIL on qth.com. Just found out that call is issued to Gilbert R H Browning at an address other that what DePolis gave me. Sent him $520.00 on 9 Sep and still not received radio. Tracking number he sent is no good. Looks like he went to a FEDEX box, took the number off the shipping sheet and sent it in. I have asked that he refund my money....if he fails to do that, it goes to the proper authorties
wa4cch

Post by wa4cch »

do a search on justin depolis you will find that this is not his first bad deal
have seen other bad reports on him check the other swap nets use the call
ke6eil he has used this call when advertising radios for sale and the name Jusitn DePolis check batlabs.com swap net ....... good luck if you could post the address you sent it to might help to find him ...........
73 chuck

acording to the fcc data base he is licensed as ke6eil
DePolis Justin
1235 w palmyra ave
orange ca 92868

prev call kg6hnn

i am sure thier are hams here on qth that are alot better than me at finding peopel it only took about 10 min to find out this much i leave the real dective work up to them ......
agn 73 chuck
KN4N

Justin Depolis

Post by KN4N »

Update. Tracking number says it left CA on the 28th. It also says it was sent in for shipment on the 20th....so What happened those 7 days??.

He has shipped SOMTHING to me, we know know that. Can't waite to see just what I do get. I did get his call and it was not what he listed on QTH.COM
Will do one more post when I get the equipment.
"Old Bill"
N5KBP

Re: Justin Depolis

Post by N5KBP »

KN4N wrote:Update. Tracking number says it left CA on the 28th. It also says it was sent in for shipment on the 20th....so What happened those 7 days??.
He probably used ups.com to print a shipping label etc. Then took 7 days to get the package to them. When the tracking # is generated it meens that UPS has the info not neccesarily the shipment.

Marty
N5KBP
KN4N

update on Justin DePolis (real call KE6EIL)

Post by KN4N »

Well fellows, I received the radio today after 26 days from his receipt of my MO.
He listed the add under call of KB6EIL but his real call is KE6EIL.

His add read in part: Yaesu FT0100D, with microphone, all service updates and accessories. And shipped 2 day air to your door.

I received: ft-100
microphone

No manual, no box, no mobile bracket, no D model and no 2 day air.

I would use caution when dealling with this person.
KN4N

update on Justin DePoils, KE6IEL

Post by KN4N »

To WA4CCH, Chuck. Chuck, the address I sent the MO to is not the same as listed in FCC database. It went to 6106 Pathfinder Rd Riverside, CA 92504. This may be his work address. I hope he is blocked from using QTH.COM in the future, we do not need people like this on here.
"Old Bill"
K4ehl

Justin Depolis-Brian Hunter

Post by K4ehl »

Depolis hit me for $350.00 last month. He is using the name Brian Hunter to sell, but payment goes to Depolis. Should have checked him out better