Let's learn to spell correctly.

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
N8QBY

Let's learn to spell correctly.

Post by N8QBY »

I addressed this issue before but I guess it is time for another wake-up call. It only takes a few minutes to check our spelling when answering an ad, or commenting in a forum. Many browsers have spell checkers built into the program. Let's take a little pride in how we represent our hobby. How can we expect anyone to take us, (the ham community), seriously, when there are articles, forums, responses, written at a level that would make a 5th grader cringe. I am not talking about typing mistakes, as we all make them, but the spelling of words. It is not rocket science. It sure makes for better reading when a article is well written.
Any doubts as to the spelling of a word? Try: http://www.m-w.com/

73 Pat Bernard N8QBY
Last edited by N8QBY on Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
w4clm

Google Tool Bar

Post by w4clm »

If spelling is a problem for you as it can be for many of us at times. I highly recommend using the Google Toolbar. Go To Google.com and down load the Google toolbar, once installed the tool bar has an ABC spell checker that can be used when posting to just about any forum, her on QTH.com, Yahoo Groups forum or where ever, it's sweet works good and last a log time!
It will interface with most all of your on line posting needs on the web.
Regards
CL Maher W4CLM

VIST FOX TANGO INTERNATIONAL
HTTP://WWW.foxtango.org

73s
JCH

GET A LIFE

Post by JCH »

GOOD GOD GET A LIFE, IS THIS WHAT WE'VE BECOME. NEXT THING WE WILL HEAR IS A MATH TEST. SOME PEOPLE HAVE TO MUCH TIME ON THEIR HANDS. I PERSONALY CAN'T SPELL VERY WELL BUT HAVE A GREAT TIME WITH HAM RADIO, AND THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS. LET'S GET BACK TO RADIO AND QUIT ALL THE NIT PICKING. JACK KK7AZ
kb9vxq

Post by kb9vxq »

You can call it nitpicking if you want but when it takes twice as long to read a post because of the terrible spelling and grammer it's not nitpicking. I'm not a perfect speller or perfect with my grammer either but at least I start my sentences with capitals and end them with periods. This is for the curtousy of the reader so he/she dosen't have to strain to make out what I'm saying.

BTW: You need to take off you cap lock Jack!! Oh sorry, now I'm nitpicking. :P
N8QBY

Post by N8QBY »

TO KK7AZ: I am not sure what your problem is. If you want to look like an ignorant fool, I guess that is up to you. Some might think otherwise. If you take offense to my intentions, then you have the problem, and need to chill. It just makes for easier reading when someone takes the time to spell correctly. Once again, if you are taking offense to this, then you are reading way to much into it. And that's a fact, Jack. :o)
Last edited by N8QBY on Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
ab7r

Spelling

Post by ab7r »

Aamen Brutha!
:)

Greg
AB7R