Yaesu FL-7000 on eBay! Please read.

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

BRAND NEW WEBSITE hosted by qth.com dedicated to the Yaesu FL-7000

Stop in and sign the guest book...

n4ats.com
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

eBay Item 9710565506

The "Dent" in the front can be seen by looking carefully at the 3 LEDS below the three buttons next to the power switch , you will see they are gone , actually pushed way back in as the front panel was smashed in. Also look at the reflection on the plexiglass , you will su a very large "u" shape , thats the front panel caved in. They were creative in the way they took the picture as to hide the worst.
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

Actually, the bidders have been contacting me for verification , Thanks to all!

I have also contacted eBay , and they are "looking into it" , ya right...
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
N8ERM

Ebay deals

Post by N8ERM »

EBay like going to a junk yard to buy a new car. No guarantee, guaranteed not to arrive dead, does this mean that at least the display lights up?. Why would anyone go on eBay to buy ham gear? I shop on QTH.COM because MOST of the time things go well here. For hundreds of deals here, a very small percentage of them go bad. Or you can buy from the BOZO on shyster-bay and do your business with a company that has a feedback score that almost guarantees you will receive JUNK. Remember to play nice and PLEASE see the pages on this site that are full of great tips for dealing safely
http://chat.qth.com/viewforum.php?f=5&s ... 5ff3b81dfe

73, Terry N8ERM
KD1UJ

Post by KD1UJ »

I am withdrawing this post. QTH.com has a policy of allowing hate speech. As a matter of principle, I cannot support this site by allowing my contributions to be used here.
Last edited by KD1UJ on Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

Holy Crap....you have got to be kidding. I hope you guys help me again emailing all the bidders and give them the link to this thread. I can not stand anyone , especially Ham Radio Operators, getting ripped off. I called "Bargainland" 6 times about this.

Look very carefully at the plexiglass , you will see a giant "u" shape in the shadow of the picture flash , then , you see the three LEDS missing under the three buttons? They are VERY clever the way the took the picture. Actual depth of the dent was measured by me when I got it the THIRD time for repair , was about 1.3" deep. Tha amp has problems as well and can not be repaired (internal electronics).

Geeeze....
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
K0CRX

Post by K0CRX »

It,also, looks like they have a 'shill' posting repetitive positive feedback to try to increase their crook-like 89% positive rating. Quite an oufit!!

Mike
KD1UJ

Post by KD1UJ »

I am withdrawing this post. QTH.com has a policy of allowing hate speech. As a matter of principle, I cannot support this site by allowing my contributions to be used here.
Last edited by KD1UJ on Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

People are emailing me as to what else is wrong with the unit.

Not only was it dropped from about 6 feet:

1) The power supply (47 VDC) is shot.
2) The output transistors are open.
3) The protector board is bad
4) The combiner is bad
5) The front processor is also bad.
5) Misc. other things were troubleshot down to being faulty. (tuner boards)

Bottom line , it can not be repaired economically , I would guess $800 and up to rebuild it and you can not find cosmetic parts anylonger so it will remain "bent" in on the front panel.
Last edited by N4ATS on Tue May 16, 2006 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

Thanks to all my fellow Amateur Radio Operators for helping notify the bidders , the bid price is coming down. One less ripped off... If I can get the cost down below $50 , I may get someone to bid on it right at the end and I'll pay for it , just to keep it from coming back as I tend to think it will again...
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

Auction Over...Man , I feel bad for that guy , $644 down the tubes. I contacted the guy that bid before him a few times , however he kept bidding but was outbid later.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
KD1UJ

Post by KD1UJ »

Last edited by KD1UJ on Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
N6VMO

Post by N6VMO »

KD1UJ wrote:But if it had to be someone, there's at least some poetic justice that it was a sniper with zero feedback. Notice that he swooped in to make his bid seconds before the auction closed.
It may have been 'The Shill' that not only provides good feedback, but ups his bid in hopes of raising the previous bidders 'automatic max' bid.

It is kind of strange that 'Channelmaster' became an EBay member and a winner on the last day of the auction...hmm...

We'll know soon enough when the amp returns for sale again.
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

I also assumed it was Sniped . Keep your eyes open , it WILL be back on soon...
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

Greetings to all , well , it has been 10 days , IT IS BACK!!!!!!! I hope you all help notify the bidders of this thread....

eBay item: 9737437417

Those scum sucking low lifes...
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
WA5JAV

Post by WA5JAV »

EBay is now blocking third-party e-mail to bidders. Here's an excerpt of what I received after e-mailing the high bidder.

--------------------------------------------------------
Attention!
We have determined you are trying to contact an eBay member with whom you are not currently involved in an open transaction. For the protection of the eBay community, we sometimes block these types of communication. To prevent this occurrence from happening in the future, we recommend the following:

If you are a seller, respond to all bidder questions before the auction ends.

If you are trying to contact the seller of an item that has not yet ended go to the item page and click the “Ask seller a question” link.

If you are the winning buyer of an item go to your My eBay page under the items I’ve Won section. Click the action drop down menu and choose the “contact seller” action.

If you are a seller trying to contact your wining buyer, go to My eBay and under the Items I’ve Sold section, click the action drop down menu. Choose the “contact buyer” action.

Reply to seller/bidder through personal email provider (if the sender has not hidden their email address).

Thank you for your understanding.
K0CRX

Post by K0CRX »

A quick revision to my previous post about "a" shill posting repetitive positive feedback. I just examined their feedback history again and it's clear they have MULTIPLE shills posting misleading positive feedback. And, their feedback is STILL only 89%!! Those who continue to be burned by this outfit, I'm afraid, fall into the category of those who will not be helped.
KD1UJ

Post by KD1UJ »

Last edited by KD1UJ on Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

I would appriciate if someone will email the "winner" when it ends and tell them to look at this thread . If a few of us do , the message will get through. Thanks!
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
kb9vxq

Post by kb9vxq »

Well I just e-mailed the winner to warn them. Man it went for $661. UNBELIEVABLE!!! I hope this link comes out in the message I sent them ok.
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

Thanks! I will do the same , as a matter of fact , email the last 4 or 5 bidders because they will be offered it when this guy backs out.
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
K0CRX

Post by K0CRX »

Maybe, this is part of nature's way of culling the weak and sickly from the pack. Their ARTIFICALLY INFLATED feedback is only 89%. That means the winning bidder has better than one chance in ten of getting screwed. It doesn't take rocket science to figure those are pretty bad odds!!
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

Here it is , 7th time , you would think they would junk it...

eBay item: 170022362465
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
KD1UJ

Post by KD1UJ »

Last edited by KD1UJ on Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
K0CRX

Bargainland

Post by K0CRX »

This Bargainland ebay user is quite an operation. Not only do they have HUNDREDS of what I suspect are shill positive feedbacks, but, they have repeated positive feebacks from a user called "shill749". Their feedback is still only 89% even with all their shills working overtime. It's pretty obvious, at least, it is to ME, that this place is shady. I wonder whay ebay allows them to continue.

Mike