Radio-Mart Is Back

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
WA5JAV

Radio-Mart Is Back

Post by WA5JAV »

Radio-Mart is back on eBay listing his junk as being in excellent working condition.

I paid top dollar for a KWM-2 that Martyn swore he had worked 40 meters and metered 100 + watts out. I received the radio and found both finals were dead. There was a hi pitched squeal in the speaker caused by C106 being open. In addition, the alignment was so far off, I had to send the radio to a Collins repairman in TX, where it has been in intensive care for about 3 month .

Buyer beware.
K4RGR

Radiomart does it again

Post by K4RGR »

:twisted: Martyn's famous slogan is the only true thing about his postings. I also recently purchased a high dollar KWM 2A with the typical "Would have kept it and just used it" description. The radio was DOA and is being restored by the ample talents of a Collins trained Tech and professional RF engineer after many months of trial and tribulation. First, the Radio was a surplus military model that had been "demil'd", that is rendered inoperable, not the one owner creme puff he described. The extra 6 bands were verified as the WARC crystals in his email. I didn't know that 8 MHZ was a WARC band - the XTALS were for military bands. When I contacted him I offered two solutions - swap with me for a radio that at least worked or refund the payment and I'd return the unit. All I got was a snotty email. I have informed Mr. Allison that I intend on following through. If any of you are interest in forming a class for a class action law suit, please contact me.
I view his business practice as similiar to the corner car dealer of the past - right on the corner and right on the price. He waxes and washes, stuffs sawdust in the differential and sells the "one owner special." Granted - the responsibility for care is with the buyer, but when an item is fraudently described I believe we have a problem. I was notified that the "high bidder" had dropped out and that I as the last bidder could exercise my option to buy the radio. How convenient, especially if Martyn was in fact the "high bidder." Just a conspiracy theory.

Cheers
73's Jim
kd0pd

Martyn of Sadieville Kentucky Radio-Mart

Post by kd0pd »

Yes, I noticed Nartyn is now using e-bay as well. I've been wondering if he has been kicked off of Qth.Com for his dirty dealing Haven't seem him here recently He is without question a first class crook, liar and thief. His mis-representations of condition are terribly incorrect. You may have purchased the same junk that others have purchased from him in the past. He is the worst ot all the preditors that lurk out there selling their rotten junk taking advantage of un-suspecting hams. I've had several dealing with him and I'm sorry to admit and none were anywhere near satisfactory. All I can ad to this is if you buy anything from him, you will be sorry. Best to just stay away from him. I promise you that he will put the screws to you anyway he can. I've warned and notified all the legal authorities possible and all with no avail.
Have A Nice Day,
Jerry Wells kd0pd
Serge995

Post by Serge995 »

He is a bad guy. Sure
Last edited by Serge995 on Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
N0EE

Radio-Mart

Post by N0EE »

FWIW, Martyn Allison uses the Ebay ID of gottahaveit1995 as the purchasing arm of his business. Never sells with that ID, just buys. With his practice of hidden bidders/buyers, anyone suspect there may be some shill bidding going on there? There are cases where gottahaveit1995 buys an item, a few weeks later Radio-Mart sells it as something from his" personal" collection. Yeah, right.....
Radio-Mart formerly was Multicomm2000.
N0EE

BadHam and Radio-Mart

Post by N0EE »

Yahoo Groups has a group named BadHam. Check out Radio-Mart there. Enough said........
hpadron2004

About radio-mart

Post by hpadron2004 »

God !! Thanks guys for these bad reports about what seems to be a scam artist,I just bought last week a Kenwood R-1000 receiver to this ebay seller without searching first about him and me believing he was a decent honest seller sent my check for $231 to pay Martyn Allison at 205 Salem RD,Sadieville,KY for the item won in the auction and when I read this ADs plus the ones at yahoo groups about him I went inmediately to my bank to stop that payment,I don't want to be scamed receiving a broken radio and be involved in claiming forms trough ebay that take long,I lost just $30 for the stop payment fees trough my bank but at least I will keep $200,so again good honest hams comunity has saved my money,thanks to all who has given their opinion about another bad dealer on ebay,my experience in this deal is that I will check the seller first before biding,you all have a good day and God blessings.

Hector
AD4C
God bless America
kd0pd

Martyn Allison, Radio Mart, Multicomm & Gottahaveit

Post by kd0pd »

John,
Good job on posting you information about the dirty crooked scammer, Martin Allison. If more of the hams that have been screwed by Martyn over the years would take time and do the same it would be help stop or at least reduce his scamming of others. That would hit him in the pocket book as well. Maybe he would just give it up. As I said earlier, would be better if someone would just shoot the SOB. His parents never had the benifit of clergy you know!!
Have A Happy Day,
Jerry Wells kd0pd
kd0pd@comcast.net
K3QP

Post by K3QP »

Folks I normally just take in what is said about a person or firm and keep my mouth shut, but I just received an email from Martyn Allison, which I will share with all of you.

Question from gottahaveit1995

Activity with gottahaveit1995 (last 90 days):
- I have bid on 0 items from gottahaveit1995

gottahaveit1995( 1191)
Positive Feedback: 99.6%
Registered On: www.ebay.com

Did you realise that by having me blocked you lost over $1800 on your Collins items listed yesterday?
now I hope that was worth it

The message is copied just as I received it from eBay on March 22, 2006.

This just serves to illustrate the type of vindictive person he is. I have never dealt with this man before, but he decides to voice displeasure at the fact I blocked him from bidding on MY auctions.

Mr. Allison, I have no desire to do business with you now or at anytime in the future.
ab7r

a

Post by ab7r »

No message
Last edited by ab7r on Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hpadron2004

About radio-mart

Post by hpadron2004 »

Not always men recognize their mistakes and I am one of the few who with honor do that,I was too fast making my bad opinion about Mr Allyson having read some negative opinions here and at yahoo groups and after we get each other in our misunderstanding he showed me respect and kindness,he is for me still a good dealer on ebay no matter of some of the feedbacks I read,I have known some local friends in my county who has dealed with him in the past and all the gear they bought from radio-mart arrived in good shape and they all work fine,so I ough my apologyze to him.
God forgive me for have risk his reputation on this side.
God bless America
hpadron2004

About radio-mart

Post by hpadron2004 »

Take my respect and apology dear Marty.
God bless America
k8pcu

Post by k8pcu »

W3MGY wrote:Folks I normally just take in what is said about a person or firm and keep my mouth shut, but I just received an email from Martyn Allison, which I will share with all of you.

Question from gottahaveit1995

Activity with gottahaveit1995 (last 90 days):
- I have bid on 0 items from gottahaveit1995

gottahaveit1995( 1191)
Positive Feedback: 99.6%
Registered On: www.ebay.com

Did you realise that by having me blocked you lost over $1800 on your Collins items listed yesterday?
now I hope that was worth it

The message is copied just as I received it from eBay on March 22, 2006.

This just serves to illustrate the type of vindictive person he is. I have never dealt with this man before, but he decides to voice displeasure at the fact I blocked him from bidding on MY auctions.

Mr. Allison, I have no desire to do business with you now or at anytime in the future.
The above is interesting in as much as what Mr. Allison sent to W3MGY doesn't seem vindictive to me but appears more as a statement of fact. I have dealt with Martyn on several occasions and when he buys from me the payment is very fast, which I like, and he has never given me any heartache. I have also purchased from him and found that the items I acquired were fine. I am not guarantying that everyone dealing with Martyn or anyone else for that matter, will be satisfied with there dealings. Nuff said!

Jim K8PCU morerf.com
K3QP

Post by K3QP »

The above is interesting in as much as what Mr. Allison sent to W3MGY doesn't seem vindictive to me but appears more as a statement of fact. I have dealt with Martyn on several occasions and when he buys from me the payment is very fast, which I like, and he has never given me any heartache. I have also purchased from him and found that the items I acquired were fine. I am not guarantying that everyone dealing with Martyn or anyone else for that matter, will be satisfied with there dealings. Nuff said!

Jim K8PCU morerf.com
Amazing to think we have a man who "knows" my auctions would earn $1,800 more had I allowed Allison to bid on them. You draw your own conclusions I see Allison's comments to me as unwarranted, unsolicited and designed to make me feel like the bad guy.
WA5JAV

Radio-Mart

Post by WA5JAV »

I see Martyn has a few allies out there.....for the rest of us...here's a break-down of what I'm paying to get the excellent working KWM-2 repaired.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Equipment: Collins KWM-2

Item Qty Cost @ Total

4.7 mfd capacitor 450 volt 2 1.18 2.36
100 mfd capacitor 10 volt 1 .36 .36
0.1 mfd capacitor 400 volt 1 .96 .96
0.047 mfd capacitor 400 volt 1 1.68 1.68
10 mfd capacitor 50 volt 1 .56 .56

Sub Total parts 5.92

Labor

Repair KWM-2 replace capacitors 8 15.00 120.00

Sub Total labor 120.00

Total parts & labor 125.92

Replace finals 36.00

Clean, tune, align, repair 8 120.00

Total 281.92
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Plus $22.00 shipping to be repaired and $30.00 shipping/handling for return. The fellow that did all this did not charge me for all his work or my bill would have been considerably more.

Would Martyn consider reimbursing me? Nope, I asked him before I sent the radio out. He said I was not authorized......authorized? RIGHT!
curt

Re: Radio-Mart

Post by curt »

WA5JAV wrote:I see Martyn has a few allies out there.....for the rest of us...here's a break-down of what I'm paying to get the excellent working KWM-2 repaired.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Equipment: Collins KWM-2

Item Qty Cost @ Total

4.7 mfd capacitor 450 volt 2 1.18 2.36
100 mfd capacitor 10 volt 1 .36 .36
0.1 mfd capacitor 400 volt 1 .96 .96
0.047 mfd capacitor 400 volt 1 1.68 1.68
10 mfd capacitor 50 volt 1 .56 .56

Sub Total parts 5.92

Labor

Repair KWM-2 replace capacitors 8 15.00 120.00

Sub Total labor 120.00

Total parts & labor 125.92

Replace finals 36.00

Clean, tune, align, repair 8 120.00

Total 281.92
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Plus $22.00 shipping to be repaired and $30.00 shipping/handling for return. The fellow that did all this did not charge me for all his work or my bill would have been considerably more.

Would Martyn consider reimbursing me? Nope, I asked him before I sent the radio out. He said I was not authorized......authorized? RIGHT!

=========================================================

I can't say I feel your pain because I don't and can't. But I can say this is exactly why I refuse to buy equipment that is almost as old as I am and hell, I am 3/4 worn out and considered young by most hams.

Buying anything that is waaaaaaaaaay out dated and expecting words printed in a sales pitch to be gospel, well you end up posting your frustrations in places like this this. This venue does save one money in lieu of talking to an expensive shrink for the privilege of venting.

I sure Love My PROIII and K2/100 happy trails with your boat anchors because as this post describes, it's truly--- anchors away.
WA5JAV

Radio-Mart

Post by WA5JAV »

You missed my point....My complaint is the misrepresentation or out right lying and ripping off Hams. I'm sure Martyn will lie about the condition of newer equipment as well.

Many boat anchors are solid performers and do it with out a lot of expensive whistles and bells. If I'm shopping for a piece of later equipment, I want the vendor to be truthful to the best of his knowledge, or make a disclaimer that he don't know beans about the equipment and sold as is.

This will be my last post to this subject as I have made my point and hopefully have saved some honest Hams from Martyn.
curt

Re: Radio-Mart

Post by curt »

[quote="WA5JAV"]You missed my point....My complaint is the misrepresentation or out right lying and ripping off Hams. I'm sure Martyn will lie about the condition of newer equipment as well.

Many boat anchors are solid performers and do it with out a lot of expensive whistles and bells. If I'm shopping for a piece of later equipment, I want the vendor to be truthful to the best of his knowledge, or make a disclaimer that he don't know beans about the equipment and sold as is.

This will be my last post to this subject as I have made my point and hopefully have saved some honest Hams from Martyn.[/quote)

-------------------------------------------------------

I am afraid Martyn has the last word as he is still going strong and selling weekly to many individuals who have a completely different perspective that yours. I too sell on eBay, hundreds of times and sometimes it’s impossible to make an individual happy, no matter what.

My point is simple---Martyn is 9 and your 1 1/2 gasping for air trying to catch up. If you buy that old stuff don't expect it to be as new unless you believe tapping your heels together actually gets you out of a jam with a little magic.

73 om & hope life goes easy on you.....Curt
acepinkie

Radiomart

Post by acepinkie »

Things aren't always perfect! I bid on and won an item from Marty and it came to me quicky, well packed, and working perfectly. I am sure he tries to do a good job. Would buy from him again.
kd0pd

Martyn Allison ( Radio-Mart ) of Saddieville, Kentucky

Post by kd0pd »

We are all tired of hearing complaints about Martyn Allison however in order to prevent as many "hams" getting screwed by him as possible the word needs to be circulated about his dealing as often as can be done. If we just remember that he is cheat, thief, liar, crook and a SOB of the worst class, everything will eventually take care of itself. The only parties that benefit from his sales are e-bay and the shipping companys. Hopefully, some day he may run out of un-suspecting buyers to take advantage of. Keep posting your coments so at least that may help to hurry his demise.
Jerry Wells kd0pd
w2co

Re: Martyn Allison ( Radio-Mart ) of Saddieville, Kentucky

Post by w2co »

kd0pd wrote:We are all tired of hearing complaints about Martyn Allison however in order to prevent as many "hams" getting screwed by him as possible the word needs to be circulated about his dealing as often as can be done. If we just remember that he is cheat, thief, liar, crook and a SOB of the worst class, everything will eventually take care of itself. The only parties that benefit from his sales are e-bay and the shipping companys. Hopefully, some day he may run out of un-suspecting buyers to take advantage of. Keep posting your coments so at least that may help to hurry his demise.
Jerry Wells kd0pd
I deal with many people buying and selling radio equipment.
Well I once bought a Drake SW-4 from Radio Mart on eBay and it arrived well packed and working fine. For an old radio it's all you can ask. Perhaps he deals with too many radios etc., and doesn't have time to spend testing them all out. But that should reflect in his descriptions! If it wasn't tested he needs to say that and not (one owner mint condx). To each his own but I would consider cutting him some slack only if he was willing to make right on a deal gone bad. Luckily I didn't fall into this trap as most above have. There should be heavy penalties for internet fraud/scamming, but NO it looks like another scammer Mr. postmaster/police officer, what are you going to do about it?
NOTHING
BSET, GROL w/Ship Radar, A.R.S. W2CO
kd0pd

Martyn Allison ( Radio-Mart ) of Saddieville, Kentucky

Post by kd0pd »

W2CO,
I'm sincerely happy to hear that you had good dealing with Martyn and were not taken advantage of as many buyers have been. To be perfectly honest, you are fortuninate that you didn't have any problems. To begin with, he is absolutely terrible about mis-representing most of the items he lists. Especially on e-bay. Far beyond reason! That's why he is not able to sell here on QTH. You can varify that to be true with the moderators. They also know him for exactly what he is. Many others as well. If you deal with him many times you will get screwed as well. As to cutting him some slack, if you get bitten by a mad dog, do you always get back on his turf? Try it again and see what happens. I know, like and idiot I did it several times and nobody to blame but myself. Suit yourself but please understand the only reason I continue to inform others here is to avoid as many good "hams" as possible from being taken by him. Knowing first hand that Martyn is the master of all thiefs, liars, crooks, cheats and first class jerks is really enough for me. If you care to watch his ads and feedbacks you will see what I mean. Anyway, thanks again for your own satisfactory experence and coments about him. That's what it will take to eventually remedy his poor dealings.
Jerry Wells kd0pd
kd0pd@comcast.net
w2co

Scammers

Post by w2co »

Jerry, KD0PD, sorry you got burnt. Yes perhaps I went a little too far in saying "give him some slack". Either the rig is tested or it isn't, therefore that should reflect in his item description. If it doesn't that constitutes shady practice and causes people to send money for something that is not worth it. Believe me I've had my share of scams and I am now very careful. That sale I had with Radio Mart was at least a year ago maybe longer before I knew about his shady stuff, but I can see things from quite a few others like yourself. I am sorry you got burnt. Good Luck and 73
de W2CO Tom
w8icy

Post by w8icy »

Just a note to Tom, W2CO.....Don't feel sorry for Jerry, KD0PD. I bought a "mint" AL-80 amplifier from Jerry in 2002. I was not satisfied with it and Jerry agreed to take it back. He then refused to refund any of the money I paid him for it. The Pueblo police suggested I file a small claim for a refund but I'd have to be in Colorado to do it. Maybe he justified his treatment of me based on the treatment he received, but what he did was dishonest.
w2co

Post by w2co »

w8icy wrote:Just a note to Tom, W2CO.....Don't feel sorry for Jerry, KD0PD. I bought a "mint" AL-80 amplifier from Jerry in 2002. I was not satisfied with it and Jerry agreed to take it back. He then refused to refund any of the money I paid him for it. The Pueblo police suggested I file a small claim for a refund but I'd have to be in Colorado to do it. Maybe he justified his treatment of me based on the treatment he received, but what he did was dishonest.
I don't know who did what anymore, you know I personally would not buy anything off these forums because of all the dishonesty. I have dealt on eBay once in a while since the late 90's and have 100% positive feedback, but you know you got to watch out there as well but not as much as these boards. The scammers have a hard time dodging Paypal and eBay's feedback system as well as law enforcement. It's not the best thing in the world but it at least gives you a little more protection, but there is absolutely no protection on the ham boards (I won't name them here), and when it's really bad they just pull your posts/warnings or even lock the thread - I will say QRZ is good at that. Now this Radio Mart is on eBay, has been for a while and I've been tempted by some of his descriptions before, and like I said above, I did buy one receiver from him with no problems, but probably won't again now because of all this negative feedback he's getting here and elsewhere. But you know some of the best deals I've gotten were from local swapfests etc. where you can see what you're getting before you buy it. But obviously you can't do that most of the time especially with eBay and these places so you take a chance. I've been very lucky and sometimes with high dollar items not to get burnt. The only time I got somewhat burnt was with good old Brandon Duke a while back, but that was locally. As for Jerry, KD0PD above, well if he did that to you then it's a scammer who got burnt by another scammer!? I'm sure that's happened before.