Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136
for additional rules.
- Posts: 663
- Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 1:07 pm
- Location: Greenville, SC
In the past there have been a number of feedback posts that:
- Were incomplete, leaving out key parts of the issue
- Left out the identity of the offending ham
- Were strictly personal, not belonging to this site at all
- Were comments from others not related to the issue in any way, or
- Were aggressive and threatening.
There is little doubt that accurate feedback providing call signs and/or names of people known to have a history of cheating on trades or scamming by lying, omitting relevant information, selling stolen goods, etc. is very valuable to all buyers, sellers and traders.
- Tell the whole story. Be brief but don't leave out key ingredients.
- Identify who you are talking about. If you are not sure about the real situation, don't post it until you are sure.
- Stick to the facts. Tell what happened but leave out the personal judgements. Let the reader do the judging.
- Refrain from adding personal comments unless you have actual experience with the individual being discussed and know more about the issue than has been already given.
- Keep your comments relevant to the issue at hand.
- Remember, whatever you write can be used as evidence in a court of law should the person or persons involved in the issue take legal action against you.
Your continued support is greatly appreciated!