Yaesu FL-7000 on eBay! Please read.

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
N4ATS

Yaesu FL-7000 on eBay! Please read.

Post by N4ATS »

They are selling it AGAIN for the third time... STAY AWAY from this amp on eBay. It is NOT repairable!!!! Everyone help me on this , notify the bidders to retract their bids. I hate to see an honest ham get ripped off! This amp was in my shop twice , it is SCRAP and they are selling it for the third time. My references are on eham.net / Product Reviews / HF Amplifiers / FL-7000. I rebuild about 10 a month , this one was smashed by UPS and if you look at the plexiglass on the front along with the buttons , you can even see the 1" deep dent. The Combiner , Protector , LPF Board and the main processor are toast. The front button assembly is smashed beyond repair. This really sucks!

The last three people I saved were greatful......

Bill / N4ATS 407-873-3070

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... Track=true
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

Looks like they took the picture off of the listing , at least I can't seem to see it anymore and maybe it is just my connection (I tried all morning). nasty! If they would simply list it as "non-working / damaged" they would be so much better off. They have it listed as a $1525 amplifier , Thats true IF it worked and was MINT.
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
kb9vxq

Post by kb9vxq »

I can still see the picture. Funny how they brag about all their positive feedback and being 4th on e-bay but if you check their stats you'll see they have nearly 18,000 negative feedbacks. WOW!!! That's the most I've ever seen! I see the price is lower today on the amp than last night so someone must have pulled their bid.
W4PIG

Post by W4PIG »

what these sorry a** scammers will do to try and get your money it is a shame we have to put up with this TRASH!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for the heads up bill. 73s
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

Almost all the bidders have backed out , I am contacting eBay about these people ripping honest folks off , what a shame.
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
K0CRX

Post by K0CRX »

Their feedback speaks for itself. No experienced eBayer would risk a bid with an outfit with only 88% positive feedback!! It appears that they are crooks.
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

The worst part about it?

1) This amp was returned , not once , not twice, but THREE times to them and the winners had to "wait" to get their money back LESS shipping.

2) UPS Already had a claim on it for damaged goods in transit.

3) My name was plastered all over it and also the words "non repairable" on the paperrwork when it was sent to me "twice" by two different people (winners) asking me to repair it.

4) The last time they removed all of my name from it EXCEPT they forgot that the UPS label still had it on and as a result the winner found out "it was the one" and backed out AFTER I called him.

I would be happy with them if they would just simply put in the add , Non Repairable or Heavy Damage to unit...

Simply put , I care about my Amateur brothers and this pisses me off to no end PLUS takes a lot of work to get bidders to respond however it is looking good so far. I will alert the winner when it happens...
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

Seems I ran out of "messages allowed" per day on eBay , anyone care to help? Contact the bidder and paist this into the window...

" You know that FL-7000 you are bidding on? Read about it here" Also read the bid history on this item.

http://chat.qth.com/posting.php?mode=reply&t=2100
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
n0wjp

eBay feedback

Post by n0wjp »

If you look at the seller's feedback it tells the whole story. There are multiple entries from a single buyer. If you go into that buyer's profile all you see are purchases from bargainland-liquidation. I looked through one such buyer's feedback and out of 477 feedback entries, 422 were positives left by bargainland-liquidation as responses to positives left by the buyer. All of the items listed had final auction prices of less than $5.00.

To me it's obvious that, because of their poor track record, they are trying to prop up their feedback rating with bogus auctions and buyers. I'm really surprised that eBay hasn't caught up to them yet. I'm even more surprised that people bid on their items without taking a very close look at their feedback. 88% positive out of 129,000 total transactions is a terrible rating. There were tens of thousands of unsatisfied customers.

Thanks to N4ATS for posting to this board and alerting us all.

73, Jeff
K4ICL

Does it work? ... NO ANSWER

Post by K4ICL »

Two days ago, after reading this thread, I sent several questions to the seller asking if the amp worked and what its power output was. So far I have received no answer to my questions.

No surprise, eh?

K4ICL
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

I alerted the winner , hopefully he will pull out of that deal. I also sent eBay all the information about it and "hope" they don't put it on for the fourth time. Thanks for everyones help. Feels good to save someone from all the crap they would have to go through...
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

I think I am going to be sick , these idiots are doing it AGAIN!!!!! Fifth time. eBay item 5881258552
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
W0LC

Not an amateur Selling

Post by W0LC »

First off, big red flag, they are a liquidator and not an amateur operator or dealership. I wouldn't even bother. Those bidding are trying to get something for nothing, cheap bids.

If you read their disclaimer, it appears they have a large qty of these items in stock and can't test each and every one of them. Good luck on the refund should you buy it and find it is trash.

Yes, their feedback score tells a sad story.

Kinda like other gear on eBay: "No way to test", "As Is", etc. All text used to deflect the responsibility to be selling something that is functional. Blame it on UPS when you receive it dead.
N8ERM

Amp on eBay

Post by N8ERM »

That's a real good reason for staying away from eBay. They don't even attempt to help you. They have 5 priorities in doing business with you:
They take your money
They take your money
They take your money
They take your money
They never help you when you have a problem.

Who owns pay-pal?
Who owns bid sniper?

Scott tries to keep this site as honest as he can. He also works to keep the junk off the site. Keeping the crooks and nut jobs banned from the site is a never ending job. I believe this site has integrity because of the constant effort of Scott "KA9FOX" and Al "K4ICL". Thanks guys for making this a great site to trade on........73, Terry N8ERM
n5omg

Latest Sucker

Post by n5omg »

So, does anyone have any evidence in case it gets ugly trying not to get stuck with this hunk of junk. I just walked in from work late, saw this amp listed and knee-jerked.. Figures that it is a junker, but thought it might be a cosmetic nightmare, not waiting for the garbage can.

Danny-N5OMG
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

Simple , Don't get it . It can be fixed and my estimate was $750 - $800 NOT including cosmetic parts..., Also my name is all over it...unless they finally peeled it off... I sent you a normal email with my number on it , fell free to call... N4ATS
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
k8pcu

Post by k8pcu »

Following is a message I sent to eBay security in regards to this item:

eBay's Role

Message: I am courious as to why eBay continues to let operations such
as bargainland-liquidation (132189) continue to sel on this site. They
have over 9000 negitives in the last 12 months and even if they are a
volume seller the topic of many of the negitives is fraud,
misrepresentation of goods or just plain no delivery of paid for
merchandise. I myself have had a bad experiance with this company. Come
on guys, I know your making big bucks off this company but you are also
allowing them to take a lot of bucks from customers with
misrepresentation of goods as well as other apparently illegal means.
Doesn't make you guys look to good.

Following is there reply:

Hello,

Thank you for writing to eBay. My name is Mac and I appreciate the
opportunity to assist you with your question.

I understand your concern regarding feedback score of an eBay member.
Please understand that, although we don't usually suspend members based
on the feedback score alone, we take feedback very seriously. If a
member earns a net feedback score of -4 (minus four), their membership
may be suspended.

Please review our feedback overview on our help pages for more
information about this policy:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/feedback-ov.html

We always review member's profiles and take appropriate action if
necessary. Keep in mind that eBay uses a number of factors to determine
when to take action on a member's account, including feedback, as well
as reports filed by eBay members.

Thank you for being a valuable member of the eBay community.

Regards,

Mac V.
eBay Customer Support

I do a lot of business on eBay but I enjoy working with this site much more and as Terry pointed out, Scott keeps it in good shape.

Passing it on, Jim K8PCU morerf.com
WA5JAV

eBay Reply

Post by WA5JAV »

This is typical eBay side-stepping the issue with off track comments. As long as they are making money, they are not concerned with honest trading.

If you have not seen the horror stories from eBay/PayPal users check this link.

http://paypalsucks.com/
w8mis

Again

Post by w8mis »

They have a Ft1000 listed on ebay and the info is "FT1000MP" I sent a email telling them they had the wrong pic or rig and never contacted me then I find this info on them.

Larry
n5omg

No contact as yet

Post by n5omg »

Well they have automatically sent 2 emails 'reminding' me of the transaction, to which I replied twice that , until the seller answers my questions about this unit being "known dead" without indicating such, no payment from me.... Of course, no answer so I guess it will be the Ebay Dispute Center..
KD1UJ

Post by KD1UJ »

I am withdrawing this post. QTH.com has a policy of allowing hate speech. As a matter of principle, I cannot support this site by allowing my contributions to be used here.
Last edited by KD1UJ on Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

UNREAL!!!!! I can not believe these people.. I do not have the time to send out all the emails again to the buyers (I did it 5 times during the 5 other auctions for this same garbage amplifier), however if someone else wants to help , I would appriciate it...
Last edited by N4ATS on Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
KD1UJ

Post by KD1UJ »

I am withdrawing this post. QTH.com has a policy of allowing hate speech. As a matter of principle, I cannot support this site by allowing my contributions to be used here.
Last edited by KD1UJ on Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

Thanks , we can not let those idiots win and some poor guy get stuck with it.
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

The "Dent" in the front can be seen by looking carefully at the 3 LEDS below the three buttons next to the power switch , you will see they are gone , actually pushed way back in as the front panel was smashed in. Also look at the reflection on the plexiglass , you will su a very large "u" shape , thats the front panel caved in. They were creative in the way they took the picture as to hide th worst...
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com