Who is "mrs anna smith" ?

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
w7ry

Who is "mrs anna smith" ?

Post by w7ry »

I have recieved a request about my QTH.com for sale post by "mrs anna smith"

Sounds a little fishey to me.

Here is the e-mail:

hello jim,
i really appreciate your responce and i am okay with the price of the "meter" Com...so i will be glade to purchase it from you.i will contact my client in state who is owning $3500 for a very long time and is finding it difficult to pay me my money to issue a cashier's check of the amount he owns me and send to you for payment so that you can take your said amount from it and help me send the balance.And about the shipping i will handle the shipping myself and soon as the payment is made i will contact my shipping agent to come and pick it up from your location.if you are okay with this please provide me with your
NAME.............
FULL MAILING ADDRESS........
CONTACT PHONE NUMBER.........
i will be expecting to hear from you soonest.
regards

Anyone else had dealing with this person?

Thanks!
Jim W7RY
:?
kb9sne

scam

Post by kb9sne »

i do beleive i have heard these are scams , there are a few other posting of this sort. again if it sounds too good to be true it prob is..lol
K4ICL

Mrs. Anna Smith

Post by K4ICL »

SCAMs such as this have been active for some months now. The scammer will send a bogie chashier's check and the seller will lose his equipment and all shipping costs.
Cheers,

AL
K4ICL
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Post by KA9FOX »

This scam is well documented under "Safe Trading Tips". Please see:

http://chat.qth.com/viewtopic.php?t=211

I've locked this topic, as any further comments should be discussed under that topic.
Free Ham Radio Classified Ads: https://swap.QTH.com