KC0UWS (ex KC0VRS, KC0TKB) Brandon Duke owes me some items

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
W4AJF

KC0UWS (ex KC0VRS, KC0TKB) Brandon Duke owes me some items

Post by W4AJF »

I bought a radio from Brandon Duke KC0UWS that was sold to me as including the hand mic, desk mic and manual, and upon receipt I found they were not in the shipment. I have e-mailed Brandon several times with no answer. I will be happy to post that our deal is complete and I am satisfied if Brandon will send me the items he owes me.

Thanks,

Adam Farber W4AJF
Cooper City, FL
adamf@eeco.com
Last edited by W4AJF on Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
N0EE

Another mistake.....

Post by N0EE »

Dealing with Brandon kc0uws is ALWAYS a mistake. Recently there was a post here that said Brandon got arrested for stealing ham gear, I have not verified that. That post has since disappeared, however I suggest you contact the Longmont Colorado police department and find out if the TS940S you bought is stolen. Hopefully its not but with Brandon involved anything is possible.
wa4cch

Re: Another mistake.....

Post by wa4cch »

dork wrote:Dealing with Brandon kc0uws is ALWAYS a mistake. Recently there was a post here that said Brandon got arrested for stealing ham gear, I have not verified that. That post has since disappeared, however I suggest you contact the Longmont Colorado police department and find out if the TS940S you bought is stolen. Hopefully its not but with Brandon involved anything is possible.

:lol: well if it is the one that was stolen ????? we all know where it is now :P

chuck
wa4cch

Re: KC0UWS Brandon Duke owes me some items

Post by wa4cch »

W4AJF wrote:I bought a radio from Brandon Duke KC0UWS that was sold to me as including the hand mic, desk mic and manual, and upon receipt I found they were not in the shipment. I have e-mailed Brandon several times with no answer. I will be happy to post that our deal is complete and I am satisfied if Brandon will send me the items he owes me.

Thanks,

Adam Farber W4AJF
Cooper City, FL
adamf@eeco.com

adam why did you edit out the model of the radio the knwd 940 sat don't you want anybody to know where it came from????? :shock:
W4AJF

KC0UWS

Post by W4AJF »

Hi Charles, the people that need to know already know what I bought. , I have had numerous e-mails about it and have been told many different thing so I thought it best just to post a brief description of what went on. Thanks, Adam Farber
K4ICL

Bravo...

Post by K4ICL »

Adam:

Well said.

K4ICL
N6VMO

Post by N6VMO »

I can NOT believe that some people will still enter into a deal with KC0UWS.

With all the bad forum reports on this individual, I simply can't comprehend how someone would put themselves at risk.

IMHO, if you enter into any deal with KC0UWS, you have lost the right to whine about the ‘deal gone bad, poor me’ on this forum.

N6VMO
wa4cch

Post by wa4cch »

N6VMO wrote:I can NOT believe that some people will still enter into a deal with KC0UWS.

With all the bad forum reports on this individual, I simply can't comprehend how someone would put themselves at risk.

IMHO, if you enter into any deal with KC0UWS, you have lost the right to whine about the ‘deal gone bad, poor me’ on this forum.

N6VMO
:shock: with brandons rep of selling stolen property i would never have delt with him in the first place..... let alone after buying what might be a stolen ts-940 sat would i post an ad telling him if he would send me the rest of the booty i would be happy with the deal :shock:

73 chuck
KA9FOX
Site Admin

ARRL Letter - March 24, 2006

Post by KA9FOX »

From ARRL Letter - March 24, 2006

====================

In another enforcement matter, the FCC wrote Technician licensee Brandon M. Duke, KC0UWS (ex-KC0TKB), of Longmont, Colorado, January 9 advising him of a complaint alleging "deliberate interference and other rule violations on repeaters." Duke replied, pledging to change his ways.

In a January 26 e-mail, an apologetic Duke said he'd destroyed an audio CD containing apparently objectionable material he'd been accused of airing. He also said he'd "refrain from jamming, interfering, kerchunking and using any repeaters."

Hollingsworth cautioned Duke that the FCC expected him to abide by requests to steer clear of certain repeaters or face license revocation, a fine or other sanctions. In his e-mail response, Duke said he would refrain from using Boulder Amateur Radio Club repeaters, per the club's written request.

On January 24, Tracy Simmons of the FCC's Wireless Telecommunications Bureau licensing operations in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, advised Duke that because he was "involved in an enforcement action," the Commission had set aside its earlier grant of a new sequential call sign, KC0VRS. Duke told Hollingsworth that he'd also filed for a vanity call sign.

Hollingsworth cautioned Duke that no matter his call sign, he remains obligated to stay off the repeaters as requested.

====================