Scammer "Vaughn Cassell" cassellvaughn5902@gmail.com

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
k7ieu

Scammer "Vaughn Cassell" cassellvaughn5902@gmail.com

Post by k7ieu »

This LID Tried to scam me out of a radio by sending a fake cashier's check hoping i would mail off the radio and never see any money. My bank verified the check was fake and they are going to try to prosecute.

Here are the emails in order of recipe....

Re: QTH.COM Ad -- ICOM IC-718 HF All Band T...
temp
Vaughn Cassell

May 4, 2024, 10:23 PM (4 days ago)

to me, bcc: me

Hi Jody, how are you? Sorry for the late respond. I've just gone through a surgery on my left leg and am happy it all went well, However i want you to know tat am still very much interested and my secretary already made out payment via priority mail at the Post office and which will reach you Monday, so i like to keep you posted ahead of delivery time, So let me know if you receive this message to enable me get back with the Tracking # for confirm delivery time , Thanks

----------------------

Pack and shipping funds delivery update
temp
Cassell Vaugh <cassellvaughnn5902@gmail.com>

5:33 AM (13 hours ago)

Hi Henry., i just got off the phone with the post office inc, and i was assured that the payment is in transit and should reach you later today or tomorrow, so i want you to station someone around for the delivery, And here is the tracking # 9405509899646996710318 to confirm the delivery via WWW.USPS.COM, however you need to contact me immediately you receive the payment , so we can arrange for shipping fees,gas plus inconveniences from the excess, So get back to me . Thanks Vaugh

--------------------

Re: Pack and shipping funds delivery update
temp
Cassell Vaugh

9:56 AM (9 hours ago)

My shipping address is here in New York, so i like to know the cost of shipping cost, so i want you to go deposit the check at your Bank, when it clear then you will deduct your own part plus $50 for gas and what ever the cost of shipping , So let me know

On Wed, May 8, 2024 at 5:19 PM Jody Spurrell <jody.spurrell@gmail.com> wrote:

What's your shipping address?