Junk Collins 75S-3 sold by N6MGM

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
N8CVW

Junk Collins 75S-3 sold by N6MGM

Post by N8CVW »

Collins 75S-3 receiver described/represented as
<quote>
"Very Good Operational Condition"
IT WASN'T !
IT ARRIVED NON-FUNCTIONING AND MAKING A TERRIBLE NOISE ON ALL SETTINGS EVEN STANDBY

Immediately on power-up was emitting a terrible noise as though the AC mains connected directly to the audio out.

and what did Mark G. Moore have to say (?) :
(his email reply)

"
Something must have come loose in shipping or a tube went, It came on just fine before it was packed! This is why it was 700 shipped and not 1000 or more, And why I sent all those pics . No deception here just 60 year old radios and their quirks .
"

WAIT, first he advertises the receiver as very good operating, then says maybe something happened in shipping,

then he attempts to justify the malfunctioning condition justified based on the price that was paid ... WHAT !?

which is it ???
a defective radio sold cheap, or misrepresented junk ?

obviously N6MGM knows it is both.

And next N6MGM ghosted, skedaddaled, gone into hiding, disappeared. How about pay for repairs, N6MGM MARK G MOORE ?

I also purchased/received a Collins 32S-1 from N6MGM, I am in the process of evaluating the circuits before I power it up so it doesn't smoke and burn potentially. I will update this report later accordingly.

But the fact that remains is that N6MGM MISREPRESENTED and DELIVERED a junk 75S-3, AND refuses to provide resolution or even communicate after informed. N6MGM claims to have been employed by Ham Radio Outlet in LA for over 30 years. Which is why in large part that I trusted doing business with him.

Let's drive out the Scavenger Hams.
Avoid doing business with MARK G MOORE N6MGM
N6MGM

Re: Junk Collins 75S-3 sold by N6MGM

Post by N6MGM »

Well lets see! 23 different hi res photos of the gear in very good physical shape, Description was accurate of the equipment's operation here they both functioned ok, purchased new boxes and packing + shipping of $112.00 So basically you got a Collins set for under $300.00 each! As yo operation upon Arrival ,Sorry but I cant be held responsible for shipping across the nation. As mentioned probably a tube loose or went wen you fired it up. Again 60 year old radios, I have no idea the age of the tubes,You had ample time and info to make your purchase decision. As to Ghosting? I answered your Email as evidenced by your statement here. I have received no others. and with this tirade online instead of answering my reply, I consider this complete and done.

Good day and good luck
73S N6mgm