New scammer, Posing as N8RFI

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
N6TOC

New scammer, Posing as N8RFI

Post by N6TOC »

I did listed a want post for a Icom IC-706MKIIG control head that I need and this guy that Am sure is not N8RFI replay back with two pictures
that show one that is in good shape so I agree to buy it at $165 including shipping, he eagerly wanted for me to pay him PayPal as friends and Family
to what I said to him that I will pay him as a regular transaction so I get the buying protection from PayPal. I started to track the supposed package
with the item and after a few days it showed delivered, So I started looking at my mail box and nothing, so I went to my local post office and presented the tracking number that this guy sent me and the postal clerk told me that the tracking number I had it was sent to a different address and persons name, I ask him if I could get the information but since the information didn't matched mine he could not release the information. what I noticed on the payee information on PayPal is that his name was not the same as the info registered on his call sadly I didn't noticed this as a flag of a scam
the info for the N8RFI is Keith Koons and the payee is Ricky Norman totally different name, He is using the following Email address rickygnorman5@gmail.com so that if you get a transaction with this guy and he uses this email address be careful. Presently Am working with Paypal to cancel the transaction. I will keep everyone on the loop of PayPal resolution.
o
N6TOC

Re: New scammer, Posing as N8RFI

Post by N6TOC »

If anybody knows Keith Koons N8RFI and be kind to let him know some one is using his call sign and profile to scam users here at QTH I will really appreciate it.... 73es