be careful

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
wb5q

be careful

Post by wb5q »

Well, I recently learned a lesson or two in dealing with people on QTH. I wanted to buy an SW receiver and posted my wants. I received several replies. after my question had been answered, I then arranged to send the funds for the radio. First mistake, I sent the funds as family and friends...a big no no as I learned. using family and friends, I have no recourse when the seller runs off with my money and I am left with no rig...
secondly, I sent additional funds for the purchase to a second address as supplied by the seller.. I later learned the ham call he used was not his!

So, I have no recourse and as I said, I got scammed and used. Please learn from my mistake.

I have bought and sold items on this site for years with no problems, except this time. I have had my trust trampled upon and sad to say, will be much less trusti9ng in the future.