K9FW Transaction NOT Good

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
W4KVW

K9FW Transaction NOT Good

Post by W4KVW »

I purchased a TYT TH-9000D 220 MHZ from Al that he stated in his ad had only been used for testing of some 220 Amplifiers. I received the radio & put it on my bench for testing & it had the full 60 watts output per the specs. I programmed a local simplex frequency into it & opened the squelch so that I could listen to the internal speaker & noticed that the volume was fine for about 5 seconds & then the receiver became very quiet as if I had turned the volume down. I then attached an external speaker to the radio & I observed the same issue. I contacted Al & he stated I must attach an antenna for the volume to operate properly & he told me I should read the manual. I have owned the original TH-9000 since 2013 & the manuals are the same other than the front covers & an introduction page or two. I sent him a video of what was happening with the volume & he made an excuse that he could not view a video? He must be running a computer or phone from the 90's is it can't view a simple video. I returned the radio & he stated that the radio is working properly for him & asked that I send him the return shipping for him to once again send me a faulty radio? Why would I accept any radio that I KNOW DOES NOT operate properly? I have asked him for a refund so he may sell the radio to someone else that finds the receiver operates properly & I know that it DOES NOT. I will UPDATE my Feedback once we have completed our differences. I have been using radios since 1965 & I am fully aware of how to operate a radio & that radio has issues which he denies. No matter the outcome I will NEVER deal with him in any transaction. He just emailed me & said he will be charging me a $5 per day storage fee until I send him the return postage. He's a THIEF on his best day & I will not be sending him ANYTHING. So if you buy from him just know that you have been WARNED that he is a THIEF & he will NOT give you a REFUND for ANYTHING you purchase from him. BE VERY CAREFUL if you are considering dealing with him. never trust a LIAR & a THIEF & AL -K9FW is BOTH in one package.

Clayton'
W4KVW
W4KVW

Re: K9FW Transaction NOT Good

Post by W4KVW »

I see that he also says that he is a member of the Christian Amateur Radio Fellowship Group #951 & it appears that he has backslid & is living with the standards of the world. He's living a LIE & does not understand what being a Child of God really is? STEALING & LYING are NOT traits of JESUS CHRIST or HIS followers. Maybe some of his fellow group members can get with him & check on him. It appears that he is struggling for money so he feels that STEALING will help him make it along the way. He for sure needs PRAYERS.

Clayton
W4KVW
W4KVW

Re: K9FW Transaction NOT Good

Post by W4KVW »

Al has decided to send me the Refund that I requested which is all that I had ask for from the beginning.It’s the Right thing and the Christian thing to do and I appreciate that he decided it was the right thing.

Clayton
W4KVW