Scammer using my call and name

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
w7apm

Scammer using my call and name

Post by w7apm »

Scammer using my KL7AM call
A scammer is using my name and call to contact sellers to send a bogus check. BEWARE
I do not have a outlook or gmail email address
wb2pkr

Re: Scammer using my call and name

Post by wb2pkr »

This morning I received an inquiry from the imposter...

The response is from:

Name: ALLEN
Callsign: KL7AM
E-mail: allenepmartin@outlook.com
IP Address: 64.52.168.178 -- ( Check IP at https://whatismyipaddress.com/ip/64.52.168.178 )

The response is:

Do you still have this item available.

--------------------------------------------------------
For your reference, here is a copy of the ad you are responding to:

Listing Number: 1657293
ab8pr

Post by ab8pr »

I also received an email and phone call from someone claiming to be Allen KL7AM. Offered to send check for item I had posted. Then asked if he could call me to talk. He did, but the phone # showed from New York and Allen is from Alaska. Also, his accent did not fit Allen's photo. Beware !!!
w7apm

Post by w7apm »

Good Catch! Everyone needs to do their due diligence in these times.

Marty
KL7AM