MFJ -224 Analyzer & MFJ-204 Antenna Bridge

Just what it says -- this is the place for any discussions not related to Buying, Selling and Trading ham gear. The discussion must be related to Ham Radio.
KF5MCJ

MFJ -224 Analyzer & MFJ-204 Antenna Bridge

Post by KF5MCJ »

I am new to ham radio and have retired in March this year. I will study and get my general license. I do need to get some better HF antennas up before winter. These two MFJ Analyzers were cheap and what I have to check my antennas. I have contacted MFJ and they do not offer any type of calibration procedure for these units.

I have spent the past fifty years in the electrical field. Twenty years in field service. I know that all test equipment needs to be calibrated and or tested on a regular basis.

If anyone has a test procedure that I could use, thank you in advance.

I am repairing a Hy-Gain Model AV-14AVQ right now as my primary station HF antenna. The coil in the base was damaged. I ordered the new piece from the manufacture, and it did not come with the coil installed. I will be using it with my Kenwood TS-520 Transceiver. I will also be putting up a better 2-meter antenna and better transceiver.

My father passed away in 2017 at the age of 94. He was a ham radio operator for over seventy years. W5OQA.
I understand he is referred to as a silent key now. He did like to send and receive morse code.