Three scammers using stolen call signs

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
Josee

Three scammers using stolen call signs

Post by Josee »

Recently I posted a “Wanted” add for a FTM 400. I’ve since removed the add.
I had three people supposedly posing as a ham having one for sale.
Now, two of the following are supposedly stolen call signs.
#1) N5OLA is out of CA phone # and wanted a MO sent to a Helen krasula
157 West Ridge Road
Jonesborough Tennessee
He uses email address: n5olawilly73@gmail.com,
This person somehow got my phone # and continues to leave messages and text. I’ve returned no phone calls.
I’ve communicated with the REAL N5OLA in south Texas. He has no radio for sale. I’ve shared this info with the real ham.
#2) Is K6LK (supposedly William Mekeel)
Has no email on QRZ but a California address and a mail to address to: (supposedly his daughter)
Marsha T Armstrong
4 Perkins Dr
Prescott, Az 86301. Wanting a Money Order only.

#3) W3NSA (Supposedly Mark Tellez). Wanted Friends and Family. Used this email w3nsatellez@gmail.com and used this as the PayPal address: jonathanedward567@outlook.com. (A Step son?)
These hams are probably not even aware of their call being used and tarnishing their reputations.
Just saying, do your homework homework homework. Only you can protect yourself from folks that do this kind of theft.
W4RXK

Re: Three scammers using stolen call signs

Post by W4RXK »

I sent Zelle funds to Marshanfred@gmail.com from a response to my wanted ad. When searching google for 'marshanfred', I find Marsha Armstrong in Prescott, Arizona

https://www.facebook.com/marshanfred/

The scammer who got me is Marsha Jarman, who's husband is also named William.

What a coincidence, the same Marsha Armstrong in Prescott, Arizona ... and two Marsha's with husbands named William - both of them in Arizona.
n0sa

Re: Three scammers using stolen call signs

Post by n0sa »

I too got scammed by Marsha Jarman Kb7oue. kb7oue@gamail.com
Via Zelle to; marshanfred@gmail.com
She/he replied to my wtb ad, I did not do a thorough enough search before I sent my Zelle payment
I wish there was more that QTH would do to put up a notice or something to warn people more.
I have been buying and selling ham gear for years with no issues, I quests I was overdue to get scammed.
Larry
n0sa