About the statement "no return because of parts swapers"

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
ad4c2023

About the statement "no return because of parts swapers"

Post by ad4c2023 »

There is something it concern me about dealing on this great and useful web site.
I have been reading for quite some time that most of the sellers writte in their posts always the same, "no return because of parts swapers"
Certainly there have been several bad deals from guys swaping parts and wanting a refund, but now comes my big concern, how about the seller is using this new "rule" as a shield to protect himself of sending a defective radio to the buyer and when he receive he won't be able to claim a refund because of a bad deal and the seller will tell him "I warned you of no refund, don't blame me now if you did something wrong"
Do you realize my point of view now?
Since this new rule is been used I decided not to buy any radio to a stranger who first thing he does is saying no refund because of parts swaper, who I don't know because he might be the parts swaper unless I know the guy or be a friend of mine.
Think about it and be more careful.
AD4C
K9XR

Re: About the statement "no return because of parts swapers"

Post by K9XR »

Trust me, you are not the only one.
ad4c2023

Post by ad4c2023 »

K9XR wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:26 pm Trust me, you are not the only one.
Thanks Al
ad4c2023

Post by ad4c2023 »

Thanks Al
ad4c2023

Post by ad4c2023 »

Thanks Al
n3ab

Post by n3ab »

And if they accept PayPal G&S, those sellers WILL be issuing refunds if the buyer files a claim, regardless of the diatribe in their ads.

I will not deal with these sellers. Instantly raises a red flag that they know their item has an issue. Lately, the sellers are less trustworthy than the buyers.
KP4HE

Post by KP4HE »

ad4c2023 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:09 am There is something it concern me about dealing on this great and useful web site.
I have been reading for quite some time that most of the sellers writte in their posts always the same, "no return because of parts swapers"
Certainly there have been several bad deals from guys swaping parts and wanting a refund, but now comes my big concern, how about the seller is using this new "rule" as a shield to protect himself of sending a defective radio to the buyer and when he receive he won't be able to claim a refund because of a bad deal and the seller will tell him "I warned you of no refund, don't blame me now if you did something wrong"
Do you realize my point of view now?
Since this new rule is been used I decided not to buy any radio to a stranger who first thing he does is saying no refund because of parts swaper, who I don't know because he might be the parts swaper unless I know the guy or be a friend of mine.
Think about it and be more careful.
AD4C
Hector: I'll buy anything from you.
W4AJF

Post by W4AJF »

Hi all, this ad ran today and I am cutting and pasting what the seller put in his ad so it is word for word:

"Sorry but due to scammers and dishonest persons - sales will be final with no returns but guaranteed working when it was shipped."

What does that even mean? Why would someone even write that in his ad. Anyway just my 2 cents worth, thanks, Adam Farber W4AJF
K9XR

Post by K9XR »

Hey Adam, Sure isn't what it used to be, is it? And either is PayPal.
W4AJF

Post by W4AJF »

Yes, that is true! Adam W4AJF