WS1C Ripp Off

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
w0bkr

WS1C Ripp Off

Post by w0bkr »

Sold me a radio he damaged, missing feet on one side, scratched up and marks. Had to send it to ham repair.com, confirmed his damage, cost over 200 to get sorta repaired. I managed to find a replacement board out of good luck and will have that installed to remove the one he damaged. All told well over 200 in first repairs and now back to get the new board installed. More money, yet continues to tell me "read the manual". No returns and no refunds yet never stated in his post on QRZ. Never again. What a freakin crook.
w0bkr

Re: WS1C Ripp Off

Post by w0bkr »

Have to replace the SW1A board WS1C fried before he posted it for sale, using it with a minor mod to bypas that board. Scratches, missing some feet, you name it. No one does this unless they want to hand it off and make money but never pay for the unmentioned faults in the radio. Worked Fine. Well not it doesn't and have Ham Repair.com write up on it. Guy is a crook pure and simple. Avoid.
w0bkr

Re: WS1C Ripp Off

Post by w0bkr »

This guy is a very dishonest Seller on the swap boards. Received a defective item advertised as properly working and spent >200 to check it out and have it set so I can use it without the Switchboard A (fried). Now will have to pay again to install a replacement board back into the radio to make it as it should be. What a scammer.