KB3UEK Randy Snair - Dishonest

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
k4ns

KB3UEK Randy Snair - Dishonest

Post by k4ns »

I bought an LDMOS amplifier from this individual and got burned. I look so bad inside that without turning it on I sent it to be checked and rebuilt properly and one of the LDMOS was damaged ($240) I contact Randy to help pay for the repair or at least send me a copy of the shipping and insurance ( I paid for it) receipt so I can do a claim. None of them yet. He has been ignoring my messages.
What I learned.
I'll stick to Paypal and other secure money transfer services. Be aware when they just want a money order unless you know the person.
I will never buy anything (especially amps) from cb'ers. Specifically, one whose profile picture has an illegal CB on the ham radio station (I just noticed). Anytone 5555 see QTH list of illegal radios. Overdrive the linear, damage it, and sell it on QTH brilliant!
I'm looking for avenues to make this individual do the right thing, any constructive advice is welcomed.